NBN schedule adds 191,000 premises

More than 758,000 premises in total will now be fitted with the NBN by the end of the year

The National Broadband Network (NBN) is scheduled to reach more than 758,000 premises in total by the end of the year, according to NBN Co’s updated rollout schedule.

NBN Co has added an extra 191,000 premises to its 12-month rollout schedule, first released in October 2011.

The updated plan also features eight new locations, including Corrimal in New South Wales; Footscray, Karingal and Keysborough in Victoria; Bellerive, Claremont, and South Launceston in Tasmania; and Ascot in Queensland.

The updated schedule covers premises in 66 sites across Australia where the NBN is in operation. Rollout is underway, and expected to begin by the end of this year.

As stated in October 2011, the 12-month schedule will be updated on a quarterly basis to include additional locations and is subject to change.

NBN Co is to deploy fibre-based broadband to 93 per cent of premises by 2021, with the remaining 7 per cent to receive fixed-wireless and satellite services by 2015.

Follow Diana Nguyen on Twitter: @diananguyen9

Follow Computerworld Australia on Twitter: @ComputerworldAU

Join the newsletter!


Sign up to gain exclusive access to email subscriptions, event invitations, competitions, giveaways, and much more.

Membership is free, and your security and privacy remain protected. View our privacy policy before signing up.

Error: Please check your email address.

More about etwork

Show Comments