Each Friday for the past 10 weeks, Computerworld Australia has been counting down the biggest ICT influences on the tech industry and wider Australia in 2010. Those influences - whether people, trends, issues or technologies - have had a lasting impact on the way Australians and particularly the tech industry have conducted themselves, and the business priorities that have resulted.
The list, as chosen by our advisory panel:
- 10. Android
- 9. Consumer technology at work
- 8. Twitter
- 7. Gov 2.0
- 6. Data growth
- 5. Tablet PCs
- 4. E-health
- 3. Cloud computing
- 2. Virtualisation
- 1. National Broadband Network
We also held a Readers’ Choice poll in tandem to determine what our readers think should be included, and what shouldn’t. Put simply, your choices were a little different.
The top ten are...
- 10. Kate Lundy (Labor senator for ACT
- 9. National Broadband Network
- 8. Data management
- 7. Consumer technology at work
- 6. R18+ video game classification
- 5. Android
- 4. Stephen Conroy (Communications minister)
- 3. Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook CEO)
- 2. Cloud computing
- 1. Tablet PCs