The Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) iAwards, held in Melbourne, has seen Adrian Di Marco take out the CSIRO Tony Benson Award for Individual Achievement in ICT.
AIIA chief executive, Ian Birks, said the event showcased the depth of talent emerging across that Australian industry and described the award winners as “a fantastic example” of what ICT could offer the community.
“We have a competitive industry that is making an important contribution to productivity on a national scale, and one that will be critical to positioning Australia in the global economy,” Birks said.
Commenting on his win, Di Marco, the executive chairman and founder of TechnologyOne (ASX:TNE), attributed his win to those he has worked with over the past 23 years.
“I believe the success of our business is driven by tapping into the real wealth of this country – the amazing talent of our software developers and programmers,” Di Marco said in a statement.
”Their passion, dedication, creativity and innovation has driven our success, and this award recognises that.”
AIIA’s awards are presented across 16 categories and reflect the impact of ICT across many areas of business and industry.
The other major winner for 2010 was Iris Interactive, which took out the Victorian Government Inspiration Award following wins in the eHealth and Industrial Applications categories.
Birks also announced that the 2011 iAwards would be expanded as a result of a developing partnership with the Australian Computer Society, and would include “recognition for professional achievements in addition to enterprise excellence.”
The iAwards winners in 2010 included:
- WINNER: Netbox Blue for SafeChat - Web 2.0 communications control (Qld)
- MERIT: Soprano Design for SOPRANO Mobile Enterprise Messaging Suite (NSW)
- WINNER: SEMA Group for My School (Qld)
- MERIT: PAN Software for RiskWare - Enterprise Risk Intelligence Software (Vic)
- MERIT: Microgenx for Citizen Driven Government (Qld)
- WINNER: Iris Interactive for Iris Pharma Product Suite (NSW)
- MERIT: iCare Solutions for iCare Solutions - Aged care electronic health record (Vic)
e-Inclusions and e-Community
- WINNER: Metisc for Metisc mBO WebServices (WA)
- MERIT: ThoughtWorks and GaggleHouse for 50and... (SA)
- WINNER: NICTA and The University of Sydney for System to Support Embedded Programming Course for the NCSS Challenge (NSW)
e-Logistics and Supply Chain
- WINNER: LogicalTech for Integration Manager (Vic)
- MERIT: Peerless Foods for Peerless Foods ERP (Vic)
Financial Industry Application
- WINNER: IP Payments for Account Receivables Solution (SIPP) (NSW)
- MERIT: Cerebiz for Cerebiz on-demand (SA)
ICT Exporter of the Year
- WINNER: Zap for Zap Business Intelligence (Qld)
- WINNER: Sage Technology for SageSURPASS Safe Work Systems (Vic)
- MERIT: Iris Interactive for Iris Pharma Product Suite (NSW)
- MERIT: Thales Australia for Java Human Machine Interface (JHMI) Engine (Vic)
Media and Entertainment
- WINNER: Firemint for Real Racing (Vic)
- MERIT: Digislide Holdings Limited for WeSii - a projection and audio system for the Nintendo Wii games console
Research and Development
- WINNER: CSIRO ICT Centre for iSnet - Smart Sensing & Informatics for Water Quality (Qld)
- MERIT: NICTA for InterfereX (ACT)
- WINNER: iWebGate for DMZ in a Box (WA)
tart-Up Company iAward
- WINNER: BuzzNumbers for Geographic Conversation Mapping (NSW)
- MERIT: Figitt for Figitt (NSW)
iAward for Sustainability and Green IT
- WINNER: Thales Australia for FLOWCAT - Managing airspace, capacity and traffic flow in an increasingly congested future (Vic)
- MERIT: Change2 & 2and2 for Change2 (NSW)
- MERIT: Event Zero for Greentrac (Qld)
Tools and Infrastructure
- WINNER: Cool Door for The Cool Door (Qld)
- MERIT: PicNet for Mouse Eye Tracking (NSW)
Tourism and Hospitality
- WINNER: e-channel search for DynamicCreative (SA)
- WINNER: Iris Interactive for Iris Pharma Product Suite
CSIRO Tony Benson Award for Individual Achievement in ICT
- WINNER: Adrian Di Marco
The AIIA recently told Computerworld Australia which ICT policy commitments it would like to see the from both parties in the upcoming Federal election.