HP's looming job cuts to its enterprise services division hasn't been the most comforting news of the past week, but an inevitably impending sign of IT skills shifting in the market to take advantage of new automation technologies and other technological trends.
If you're on the hunt for a new position, here are some of the more interesting ones out there:
Wholesale banker - Project Manager
Salary: Permanent, $130,000-$140,000
- Five or more years project management experience
- Ability to articulate and explain information to customers, peers and managers, using the appropriate medium
- Knows and understands principles and methods of managing a project team
- Knows and understands the principles and mechanisms (tools, standards and processes) of effectively managing project value
Financial institution - ion Delivery Project Manager
Location: Sydney CBD
- Experience managing Large Integration Projects
- Eight years experience minimum working as a PM, ideally three years as a Senior PM
- Two years minimum experience working as a Senior PM at a bank
- Vast knowledge of FX/MM products and/or experience in the FX/MM environment (trading, Front office) and ideally deeper knowledge in sales/trading (Foreign Exchange, FX
- Experience in pre-trade, captive settlements, Trade lifecycle, position management controlling and settlement.
Health company - Technical Communicator
Salary: Permanent, unknown
- Solid experience working as a technical writer
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate information in a graphical form
- Software expertise: MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite or AuthorIT Content Management.
Hot IT Certification
Various job indices have indicated that companies are mostly on the look-out for Project Managers, business analysts and developers for .NET and Java-based applications. We've covered some of the hottest certifications internationally for the IT industry, but if you're looking for something a little more useful on the local stage, we recommend taking a look at certifications suited specifically to the aforementioned career paths.
Considering the continuing high demand for project managers - particularly among financial institutions - it is important to ensure you have the skills necessary to enter the workforce and gain the experience required. One way to do that is through the PMI Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) course, a three month period which should see you qualified to take on various projects at any institution.