Vendor's description: As technology changes continue to accelerate, telecom service providers are seeking new ways to manage the overwhelming demand for bandwidth-intensive applications such as Peer to Peer (P2P) file sharing and Internet video services. One of these challenges is to remain competitive and increase revenue through new services while managing costs caused by these dramatic increases in network traffic. In addition, telecom service providers and organizations must protect mission-critical data.
IBM BladeCenter® PN41 is a highly programmable, high-performance blade capable of helping drive revenue, control costs and protect network infrastructure—key initiatives in today’s telecommunications, enterprise and government environments. This new blade combines the powerful capabilities of BladeCenter with the performance of CloudShield®, an industry-leading network service control and security provider.1 This combination creates an optimal platform for building and operating next-generation service management solutions.
- Helps drive new revenue streams by enabling new services and billing models
- Helps reduce costs by more efficiently detecting and managing network traffic
- Helps deliver advanced visibility, service management and security of network traffic
- Helps protect mission-critical network infrastructure
- Full Layer 7 processing and control
- Service management and security applications available from Cloudshield and third parties
- Complete network traffic visibility by application and user
- Rapid application development with Eclipse-based integrated development environment
- Open development language—RAVE
- Full payload screening (DPI)
- User programmability
- Carrier-class scalability
- In-line reliability
- Up to 20 Gbps DPI throughput per blade
- Selective traffic capture, rewrite and redirect
- Multiple blades in the same chassis
- LAN and WAN Interfaces supported
The Computerworld Find a Server Tool is a first step to get you on the right path. However, before proceeding with any purchase you should always consult the vendor or partner to see if the server is right for you, verify the price of your configuration for the device and check the server specifications in more detail.
You can also use your brower’s navigation to go back to the search results or start the search again.