Vendor's description: For the perfect alternative to a traditional AIX®, IBM i or Linux rack-mount and tower server, the IBM BladeCenter® JS12 Express blade server combined with a BladeCenter S chassis provides exceptional value and expandability in an attractively packaged and highly efficient design. And, specifically for an office environment, this combination can reside in your office quietly, securely and looking like it belongs with an acoustic treatment for quiet operation, a set of security doors to protect vital data and servers, and optional dust filtering to expand IT into virtually any environment.
For small database and application serving, the BladeCenter JS12 Express blade server delivers great performance, expandability and capacity to satisfy the needs of clients looking for an easy-to-use, integrated platform with a high degree of deployment flexibility, scalability and manageability.
For a complete integrated business system, the IBM i Edition Express for BladeCenter S which features the JS12 blade allows the small or mid-sized company that seeks simplicity to avoid increased spending and staffing requirements while becoming more responsive to their customers, improving their productivity and keeping their data secure. The i Edition Express for BladeCenter S integrates features to simplify an IT environment and delivers a complete, cost-effective business system that grows with your needs.
Built on the promise of the IBM BladeCenter family of products—easy-to-use, integrated platforms with a high degree of deployment flexibility, scalability and manageability—the BladeCenter JS12 Express is an extremely affordable blade server with the capability to run AIX, IBM i or Linux applications—concurrently if desired. The JS12 Express broadens the application offerings available and increases the ways clients can put this power to work. Powered by the latest IBM processor technology, POWER6™, the JS12 Express provides outstanding price/performance in a commercial IT environment; superior reliability, availability and serviceability (RAS) characteristics; high energy efficiency; and outstanding built-in PowerVM™ virtualization to help achieve increased system utilization. The feature-rich, JS12 Express will bring significant benefits to clients who want a durable server solution for consolidating multiple applications and servers into a single BladeCenter chassis transitioning from traditional rack-mount or tower servers to highly efficient blades and implementing commercial applications across a range of operating systems.
- For replacing traditional UNIX®, IBM i (formerly known as i5/OS®) and Linux® servers
- For small database and application serving
- For a complete business system with an integrated database and application server
Specifically, the BladeCenter JS12 Express blade provides: Common features
- Single-wide blade server compatible with BladeCenter family chassis
- Dual-core SMP scalability
- 64-bit IBM POWER6 with AltiVec SIMD and Hardware Decimal Floating-Point acceleration
- PowerVM Standard Edition (built-in) including support for:
- Virtual LAN
- POWER Hypervisor™
- Micro-Partitioning™ (up to 20 partitions per blade)
- Virtual I/O Server
- Shared Processor Pool
- Integrated Virtualization Manager
- Shared Dedicated Capacity
- PowerVM Lx86
- PowerVM Enterprise Edition (optional) including all the features of PowerVM Standard Edition plus Live Partition Mobility
- IBM Director industry-leading systems management software
- Support for AIX (V5.3 or later), IBM i1(V6.1 or later) and Linux for Power™ distributions from Red Hat (RHEL for POWER® V4.6 or later) and SUSE Linux (SLES10 SP1 for POWER or later)
- Support for System Cluster 1350
- Support for the IBM PowerHA™ family of high availability products and Cluster Systems Management software
- Two 3.8 GHz POWER6 processor cores
- From 4 GB to 64 GB memory in eight DIMM slots
- High-performance DDR2 memory running at up to 667 MHz
- Integrated SAS controller
- Two 2.5" 10K rpm Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) disk drive bays supporting 73, 146 or 300 GB of internal storage
- Integrated Virtual Ethernet adapter (IVE) Dual Gigabit
- Integrated systems management including Serial over LAN support via Ethernet
- Enterprise-class reliability with light path diagnostics, IBM Predictive Failure Analysis®, ECC and IBM Chipkill™ memory
- Support for Calibrated Vectored Cooling™, IBM Systems Director Active Energy Manager™ software and EnergyScale™ technology to monitor energy and maintain optimum cooling
- Installed in BladeCenter E, T, H, HT and S chassis
The Computerworld Find a Server Tool is a first step to get you on the right path. However, before proceeding with any purchase you should always consult the vendor or partner to see if the server is right for you, verify the price of your configuration for the device and check the server specifications in more detail.
You can also use your brower’s navigation to go back to the search results or start the search again.