Vendor's description: Built on the promise of the IBM BladeCenter® family of products—easy-to-use, integrated platforms with a high degree of deployment flexibility, scalability and manageability—the BladeCenter JS22 Express is a premier SMB (Small and Medium Business) blade for 64-bit applications. It represents one of the most cost-efficient solutions for UNIX®, i and Linux® deployments available in the market. Further enhanced by its ability to be installed in the same chassis with other BladeCenter LS, HS and JS blade servers, the JS22 Express can deliver the rapid return on investment that small businesses demand.
The JS22 Express blade has been pre-configured and tested by IBM and is based on proven technology. Utilizing a 4.0 GHz 64-bit POWER6™ processor core and available in a 4-core configuration, it is designed to deliver outstanding performance at compelling prices. With faster and more reliable double data rate 2 (DDR2) memory options and Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) disk subsystem, the BladeCenter JS22 Express is designed for increased uptime and enhanced performance. Along with built-in support for PowerVM™ Editions for advanced virtualization, the JS22 Express offers an ideal blade server solution for diverse needs from HPC, x86 Infrastructure consolidation and business performance applications like smaller databases, OLTP and Business Intelligence. Delivering outstanding deployment flexibility, the JS22 Express may be installed in the BladeCenter S, BladeCenter H or BladeCenter HT chassis to help optimize current and future investments.
The BladeCenter JS22 Express is a blade optimized for real-world solutions that impact the bottom line. Combining AIX® and Linux support with the high-speed BladeCenter H chassis, the JS22 Express delivers leadership SIMD acceleration for data-intensive or floating-point-intensive applications as well as HPC workloads such as weather forecasting, seismic processing, molecular dynamics and computational fluid dynamics. When combined with BladeCenter S chassis, it becomes an ideal solution for deploying blades in an office and distributed enterprise environment and is the perfect alternative to traditional rack servers.
With i support, small and medium clients can consolidate their System i™ and Intel® processor-based servers into a single chassis, leveraging the management, space and power savings provided by IBM BladeCenter solutions. Large or small enterprises can now consolidate their older i5/OS® applications into a centralized BladeCenter environment with a choice of BladeCenter chassis to fit their needs.
For managing a growing Web application infrastructure, the JS22 Express delivers exceptional performance and reliability features for Web serving environments with applications such as IBM WebSphere® on AIX. Combining the virtualization capabilities of the built-in PowerVM Editions with the density of BladeCenter chassis, the JS22 Express blade server can help to deliver one of the most cost-effective, rack-dense Web farm solutions in the industry. The JS22 Express also helps end the debate of price versus performance when migrating from rack-based to blade servers or consolidating older UNIX or Linux servers into a centralized BladeCenter infrastructure. With virtualization support built-in, the JS22 Express serves as one of the most cost-efficient server consolidation solutions available.
Simplify. Cut costs. Boost productivity. Go green. They’re all priorities for IT, and they’re all driving organizations to rethink their server strategies and become more receptive to new ways to use IT. Blades are the next-generation solution, promising improvements across the board. The IBM BladeCenter innovative, open design offers a true alternative to today’s sprawling racks and overheated server rooms. So toss your cables and take the leap. Migrate to the blade solution that uses less energy and gives more choices and control. You have nothing to lose but complexity. IBM BladeCenter is the right choice. Open. Easy. Green.
- For consolidating UNIX, i or Linux servers into a centralized BladeCenter infrastructure
- For business performance applications like smaller database, OLTP and Business Intelligence
- For HPC workloads such as weather forecasting, seismic processing, molecular dynamics and computational fluid dynamics
Specifically, the BladeCenter JS22 Express blade provides: Common features
- Single-wide blade server compatible with BladeCenter family chassis
- Dual-core SMP scalability
- 64-bit IBM POWER6 with AltiVec SIMD and Hardware Decimal Floating-Point acceleration
- PowerVM Standard Edition (built-in) including support for:
- Virtual LAN
- POWER Hypervisor™
- Micro-Partitioning™ (up to 20 partitions per blade)
- Virtual I/O Server
- Shared Processor Pool
- Integrated Virtualization Manager
- Shared Dedicated Capacity
- PowerVM Lx86
- Four 4.0 GHz POWER6 processor cores
- From 4 GB to 32 GB memory in four DIMM slots
- High-performance DDR2 memory running at up to 667 MHz
- Integrated SAS controller
- One 2.5" 10K rpm Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) disk drive bay supporting 73, 146 or 300 GB of internal storage
- Integrated Virtual Ethernet adapter (IVE) Dual Gigabit
- Integrated systems management including Serial over LAN support via Ethernet
- Enterprise-class reliability with light path diagnostics, IBM Predictive Failure Analysis®, ECC and IBM Chipkill™ memory
- Support for Calibrated Vectored Cooling™, IBM Systems Director Active Energy Manager™ software and EnergyScale™ technology to monitor energy and maintain optimum cooling
- Supported in BladeCenter H, HT and S chassis
- PowerVM Enterprise Edition (optional) including all the features of PowerVM Standard Edition plus Live Partition Mobility and Active Memory™ Sharing
- IBM Director industry-leading systems management software
- Support for AIX (V5.3 or later), IBM i1 (V6.1 or later) and Linux for Power™ distributions from Red Hat (RHEL for POWER™ V4.6 or later) and SUSE Linux (SLES10 SP1 for POWER or later)
- Support for System Cluster 1350
- Support for the IBM Power HA family of high availability products and Cluster Systems Management software
The Computerworld Find a Server Tool is a first step to get you on the right path. However, before proceeding with any purchase you should always consult the vendor or partner to see if the server is right for you, verify the price of your configuration for the device and check the server specifications in more detail.
You can also use your brower’s navigation to go back to the search results or start the search again.