The Autumn Members Meeting held last week in Melbourne by the Council of Australian University Directors of Information Technology (CAUDIT) has presented on the top ten issues facing university IT directors in 2010.
The top ten issues were listed as:
- 1. Funding and resourcing
- 2. Governance and strategic planning: driving it value
- 3. Cloud computing
- 4. Staffing: workforce planning/staff development
- 5. eResearch support
- 6. Business continuity/DR/availability
- 7. Project and portfolio management
- 8. Identity and access management
- 9. Business agility/impact of government reform
- 10. Data centre capacity/maintenance
In response to the presentation on the top ten issues facing university IT directors in 2010, CIO of Curtin IT Sevices and deputy chair of CAUDIT, Peter Nikoletatos, tweeted:
“For us the Top 10 as voted by CAUDIT is a pretty accurate reflection of our focus areas; albeit, the order may vary a little.”
Greater emphasis on KPI’s for Green IT was also discussed at the summit. CAUDIT is comprised of IT directors and CIOs from universities in Australia, New Zeland and Papua New Guinea. Commonwealth Research Organisations CSIRO and AIMS are also members.