Vendor's description: Meeting today's cost challenges while planning for tomorrow’s growth can be difficult. With the new IBM BladeCenter® LS42 blade server get an affordable, scalable 2-processor blade server that you can easily upgrade to four processors as your business grows.
The LS42 blade server features the latest AMD Opteron processors for industry-leading performance. Supporting high memory capacity 16 DIMM slots and memory speeds up to 800 MHz, the LS42 can help drive your most demanding memory-intensive workloads such as virtualization, databases and high performance computing (HPC) applications.
The LS42 blade server offers an energy-efficient design along with low-voltage processors, integrated memory controller and available solid-state drives to help keep power consumption down and reduce cooling demands in your data center. When workloads demand more performance, this blade server is ready to scale to four processors with the addition of a multi-processor expansion unit (MPE). Simply snap the MPE to the original blade and it becomes a 4-processor, 60 mm blade server with the additional performance you need.
- Maximize performance and minimize costs; consolidate workloads and virtualization on an energy-efficient platform that supports up to four AMD Opteron™ six-core processors or quad-core processors.
- Pay as you grow; start with a 2-processor blade and upgrade to a 4-processor blade when ready without scrapping your initial investment.
- Save time and money; standardize on a single platform for both 2- and 4-processor server application needs.
- Scalability enables easy growth
- Energy-efficient design that includes low-voltage processors, an integrated memory controller, Dual Dynamic Power Management, DDR II memory, and solid-state internal storage options
- High memory capacity and throughput helps handle large workloads or consolidate applications across multiple virtual machines
- Easily add or change blades without disrupting the operation of other blades installed in the chassis
- Features up to four of the latest Six-Core or Quad-Core AMD Opteron processors for ultimate performance.
- 4 Gb standard/up to 128 Gb maximum memory per blade (up to 800 MHz).
- Up to two internal SAS or solid-state HDDs.
- Four TCP/IP Offload Engine (TOE-enabled) Gigabit Ethernet controllers standard, with load-balancing and failover features.
- Expansion capabilities for Ethernet, Fibre Channel, SAS, iSCSI and Infiniband.
The Computerworld Find a Server Tool is a first step to get you on the right path. However, before proceeding with any purchase you should always consult the vendor or partner to see if the server is right for you, verify the price of your configuration for the device and check the server specifications in more detail.
You can also use your brower’s navigation to go back to the search results or start the search again.