Vendor's description: Going beyond the industry standards with unique innovations from fifth-generation IBM® X-Architecture® technology (eX5), the new IBM BladeCenter® HX5 enables unprecedented performance and utilization in a blade form factor for database and virtualization. With MAX5 scalability, the HX5 blade offers memory capacity of up to 640 GB—in four-wide blade. The result is optimal server utilization with more virtual machines per system, and larger and faster databases.
With MAX5, HX5 offers the most memory of any server in its class. Reduce software license costs by expanding memory capacity with MAX5 without purchasing additional processors. Easy to own, manage and upgrade with pay-as-you-grow expansion, the HX5 blade server helps protect your investments over the long term. Capabilities such as advanced light path diagnostics, error handling and around-the-clock remote access management help simplify systems management and minimize downtime. Automatic node failover and QPI faildown help promote greater system uptime. In addition, an energy-smart design and IBM Systems Director Active Energy Manager™ help lower power consumption and costs.
- Provide optimal performance for your virtualization and database applications
- Get faster time to value with flexible two- to four-socket processing on a single, scalable platform
- Protect your IT investments with simplified systems management and an easy upgrade path
- Built on the latest IBM X-Architecture technology with fifth-generation eX5 innovation
- Modular design, enabling standardization on same platform for 2- and 4-socket server needs to deliver faster time to value
- Greater memory capacity, enabling more or larger VMs per server
- Enhanced computing capacity facilitates more transactions per minute in a blade
- Optional memory expansion separates memory capacity from processors, enabling full utilization of license-constrained, memory-rich applications
- High-density, high-utilization computing allows superior price performance as well as performance per watt
- Flexible node partitioning and pay-as-you-grow expansion offer great investment protection
- Mainframe-inspired reliability and automatic node failover for optimal system uptime
- Remote management from a single graphical console with IBM Systems Director
- Compute capacity of up to 16 processor cores in little more than .5U space
- Scalable memory expansion module for up to 640 GB capacity in a 2.5U equivalent space
- Expansion capabilities from a 2-processor system to a 4-processor system
- Partitions a 4-processor blade to two 2-processor blades without requiring physical system reconfiguration
- Optional embedded hypervisor
The Computerworld Find a Server Tool is a first step to get you on the right path. However, before proceeding with any purchase you should always consult the vendor or partner to see if they server is right for you, verify the price of your configuration for the device and check the server specifications in more detail.
You can also use your brower’s navigation to go back to the search results or start the search again.