Vendor's description: The brand new ThinkServer RD210 Rack Server provides first-class hardware with easier software tools and world-class services. Combining high performance in a small factor, the RD210 is engineered to deliver the ultimate server experience to small and mid-size businesses.
Efficient Performance in a small footprint
Every RD210 gives customers access to the latest industry technology in a dense 1U rack design.
Latest industry technology:
- • using Intel® Xeon® 5500 series processors
- • Dual Processor power in a 1U footprint
- • Expandable memory up to 16 slots and 6 HS 2.5” SAS/SATA HDD bays
Lenovo's new RD210 is the smart choice for businesses looking for maximum performance and reliability combined with low cost of ownership.
- • Tool-less serviceability makes managing your server quick and painless
- • Easy LED lets you monitor your server without opening it
- • Integrated Management Module provides always-on management
Engineered for Maximum Uptime
- • Built in Predictive Failure Analysis warns you about potential problems before they occur
- • Every RD210 comes with integrated RAID giving you peace of mind that your data is protected
- • Redundant power and cooling ensures that your servers stay up and running even if a component should have a problem
Low Cost of Ownership
- • Lenovo's suite of Easy tools makes setting up and managing your server easier than ever
- • Virtualization Ready and Green features allows you to save on your power bill without sacrificing performance
Lenovo's new ThinkServer provides an ideal virtualization platform. Virtualization technologies reduce server footprint and total cost of ownership by consolidating legacy servers on one platform. The RD210 makes the transition to a virtual environment seamless by:
- • Providing an onboard connector for embedded hypervisor standard with every RD210
- • Supporting industry leading virtualization solutions from Microsoft®,Novell®, VMWare®, and Red Hat®.
- • Combining Intel® virtualization technologies (VT-x, VT-d) with up to 16 Advanced-ECC memory DIMMs, and up to 4 TOE enabled gigabit Ethernet ports
Green Energy Savings
Lenovo's new ThinkServer is the greenest yet with Energy Star® compliant power supplies. In addition, all ThinkServers are RoHS certified. ThinkServers provide several options to reduce energy consumption — including low-wattage processors, low-power memory options, and zoned cooling.
In today's busy corporate environment, IT departments are looking for ways to make installing and managing their server environments efficient and cost effective without sacrificing performance. Lenovo had these needs in mind when it created the new RD210. Based on the latest Intel® Xeon® processors with a suite of intuitive software and thoughtfully designed services, our new offering is targeted at customers who need:
- • An efficient platform to run high performance mission critical applications including database, email, virtualization, and line of business
- • High performance computing in a durable, slim-form factor featuring the latest industry technology
- • Built-in data protection standard on every model ensuring that hard drive failure doesn't result in data loss
- • Integrated advanced management and remote administration capabilities provide health monitoring and control of your server from anywhere, anytime
Easier to use server management
The ThinkServer RD210 comes standard with Integrated Management Module (IMM) along with a suite of software tools making it easy to install and manage your server. Our latest software tools feature several usability enhancements.
Integrated Memory Module (IMM )
- • Gives you complete around-the-clock management and remote access from an easy web interface
- • IMM Premium (available on select models): Perform server management and health check functions remotely independent of the status of the server
- • Remote media, which enables mounting of DVD drive, USB flash drive, or disk image to a server
- • Complete hardware provisioning in a wizard format takes the guesswork out of driver installation
- • Built in RAID configuration ensures your data is protected from the start
- • An enhanced list of operating system support ensures you always have access to the latest software
- • Complete multi-server management accessible from a single console making it easy to check the health of your servers from anywhere
- • Built in right-click menu option takes you right to IMM
- • Setup custom alerts so you're always watching exactly what's important to you
First-class service and support
Lenovo provides complete after sale support with a complementary 90 day trial of ThinkPlus™ Priority Support. Delivered through our reliable and extensive network of business partners, this offer provides customers with peace of mind during the most critical time of server ownership.
- • ThinkPlus Productivity provides onsite hardware installation, online training, and tools to improve server performance
- • ThinkPlus Priority Support offers expert IT support in a consolidated support package
- • ThinkPlus Warranty provides base warranty support
The Computerworld Find a Server Tool is a first step to get you on the right path. However, before proceeding with any purchase you should always consult the vendor or partner to see if they server is right for you, verify the price of your configuration for the device and check the server specifications in more detail.
You can also use your brower’s navigation to go back to the search results or start the search again.