Quest Software announces extended capabilities for managing Microsoft Exchange.
- 20 May, 2004 14:22
<p>Quest’s Set of Products for Exchange Expanded
with Acquisition of Aelita Software</p>
<p>IRVINE, Calif., May 18, 2004 – Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT), a leading provider of application, database and Windows management solutions, today unveiled a comprehensive roster of products for the management and migration of Microsoft Exchange. The announcement is part of Quest Software’s Windows Management product integration roadmap made available today. The roadmap white paper, available at http://wm.quest.com/newsroom/pressroom/, outlines the strategy and products that result from Quest Software’s recent acquisition of Aelita Software. The combined organization offers one of the broadest and deepest sets of Exchange solutions available from a single vendor.</p>
<p>“Exchange management and migration were strong areas of focus for both companies independently, and now, together, we offer virtually everything needed to ensure optimal availability of Microsoft’s e-mail server system,” said Sal Ciardulli, Manager, Systems Consulting (Asia-Pacific), Quest Software. “We know that Exchange is perhaps the single most business-critical application in the Windows enterprise, and that IT is being held to ever-higher standards for managing it. Our products already help thousands of organizations, and we are excited about offering our customers an even more comprehensive group of products to help.”</p>
<p>In combining the Exchange management product lines of Quest Software and Aelita, there were no overlapping capabilities, so all products will move forward and continue to be enhanced. Quest Software’s solutions for Exchange provide a full range of capabilities.</p>
<p>• Quest MessageStats measures e-mail traffic, reports policy compliance, helps IT teams meet service level agreements, helps ensure sufficient capacity, and assists in preparing for Exchange migrations.
• Collaboration Services for Exchange (formerly Aelita Collaboration Services for Exchange) enables secure synchronization of free/busy information and global address lists between Exchange organizations.
• Quest ActiveGroups automates, secures, and ensures the accuracy of distribution and security group membership for Exchange and Active Directory, eliminating error-prone manual administrative tasks.
• Quest Directory Integrity Agent automates policy compliance and enforces security on directories, mailboxes, public folders, e-mails, and attachments in Exchange.
• Quest SelectDL offers self-serve distribution list administration to reduce IT workload and increase customer satisfaction.
• Quest Spotlight on Exchange provides real-time troubleshooting, performance analysis, and simplified administration from a powerful graphical interface. Spotlight complements the monitoring capabilities of Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM).
• Recovery Manager for Exchange (formerly Aelita Recovery Manager for Exchange) enables quick investigation and retrieval of message-level data from standard backups without a dedicated recovery server.
• Exchange Migration Wizard (formerly Aelita Exchange Migration Wizard) provides inter-org migration capabilities with full coexistence during migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 200X.
• Quest Move Mailbox Manager increases the efficiency of intra-org upgrades from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 200X.</p>
<p>In the coming years, “the changing nature of e-mail and the growing reliance of organizations on the messaging infrastructure will dramatically alter IT group priorities,” according to Matt Cain, senior vice president, Meta Group. “The business criticality of e-mail will force organizations to apply data center operational disciplines to e-mail (e.g., disaster recovery, failover, change control, and exception reporting) that have been largely absent from e-mail operations. Organizations must adopt these disciplines to enable delivery of higher levels of uptime.”</p>
<p>About Quest Windows Management
Quest Software, now including the people and products of Aelita Software, provides solutions that simplify, automate and secure Active Directory, Exchange and Windows environments. The Quest Windows Management group delivers comprehensive capabilities for secure Windows management and migration. For more information on Quest Software’s Windows Management group, please visit http://www.quest.com/microsoft.</p>
<p>About Quest Software, Inc.
Quest Software, Inc. provides software for Application Confidence to 18,000 customers worldwide, including 75 percent of the Fortune 500. Quest products for application, database and Windows management help customers develop, deploy, manage and maintain the IT enterprise without expensive downtime or business interruption. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., Quest Software has offices in Australia and can be found at www.quest.com.</p>
<p>For further information contact Melinda Samson, Marketing Coordinator, Quest Software on 03 9811 8088 or 0415 720 606.</p>
<p>Quest and Quest Software are registered trademarks of Quest Software, Inc. The Quest Software logo and all other Quest Software product or service names and slogans are registered trademarks or trademarks of Quest Software, Inc. Microsoft, Windows, Exchange and Active Directory are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.</p>