QSR International continues global focus via StatWorks partnership in Malaysia and Singapore
- 18 June, 2009 11:41
<p>Australian qualitative data analysis software developer QSR International today announced a partnership with Malaysian firm StatWorks as part of its continued global focus.</p>
<p>QSR International CEO John Owen said the company will manage QSR's entire reseller network in Malaysia and Singapore, and deliver local support for its NVivo and XSight software, including training. The partnership recognizes the growth of the research market in South East Asia and the demand for QSR's software in the region.</p>
<p>“Malaysia and Singapore are considered important countries for qualitative data analysis and are known for their efforts in establishing stronger business intelligence (BI) capabilities within government and industry," said Mr Owen.</p>
<p>"StatWorks already offers a comprehensive suite of computational analytics technology to improve BI capabilities and has a strong track record as a reseller for QSR. Their distribution of QSR software in these countries has the potential to significantly impact the way qualitative research is managed in a range of Malaysian and Singaporean industries, from education and health, to finance and market research.”</p>
<p>StatWorks Group Director Maheskantha B said the timing of the partnership was ideal and would help address a gap in the market.
"Currently, in the South East Asia region, there are many solutions to address the quantitative analysis area, but few good solutions for the qualitative area, especially for academic, government and commercial researchers. NVivo, from QSR International, is the market leader for qualitative researchers working with very rich text-based and/or multimedia information, where deep levels of analysis on small or large volumes of data is required," he said.</p>
<p>"NVivo facilitates the management, exploration and analysis of unstructured data and fits in with StatWorks offerings to our current clientele as well as potential customers in South East Asia. We're very pleased to have been awarded the partnership."</p>
<p>QSR software is already used by academic, government and commercial organizations in more than 150 countries, including Sunway University College in Malaysia and Singapore Management University in Singapore.</p>
<p>Mr Owen said QSR's partnership with StatWorks was effective immediately.</p>
<p>For interviews or more information contact Liane Sayer-Roberts phone +61 (0) 427 728 232 or email: email@example.com</p>
<p>About QSR International Software</p>
<p>NVivo 8 allows users to upload and analyze video, audio, images and text side-by-side. Use it to test theories; identify trends and cross-examine information in a multitude of ways by classifying, sorting and arranging thousands of pieces of information; examine complex relationships in the data; and, combine subtle analysis with linking, shaping, searching and modelling features. Professional models and charts can be created, and NVivo project files and results can be shared via mini websites – even with those who don’t have NVivo. The software can also identify the work of individual team members even after separate projects are merged.</p>
<p>QSR's XSight software – designed specifically for commercial researchers and analysts with tight deadlines to meet - will also be sold by StatWorks.</p>
<p>About StatWorks Group</p>
<p>StatWorks, a leading Computational Analytics Solution company, was formed to specifically address the growing market for numerical solutions based on computational analytics technology. The company has since expanded rapidly to include a wide range of high quality numerical analytics software, handheld technology and business intelligence solutions for various business and academia industries.</p>
<p>StatWorks has established strong commercial and technical relationships with many leading organizations in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand and other regional countries within the South East Asia region. Its customers include Ministry of Education, Government Investment of Singapore, Citigroup, Merrill Lynch and Agilent Technologies. StatWorks has Education Technology; Analytical Solutions; and Enterprise Solutions Divisions. For more information, visit www.statwks.com.</p>
<p>Media backgrounder: Quick facts about QSR International</p>
<p>• QSR International has offices in Europe, North America and Australia.
• The company is the world’s largest qualitative research software developer.
• The company is also the first to deliver qualitative research software programs in Japanese and Simplified Chinese.
• QSR’s flagship products – NVivo and XSight – are sold in more than 150 countries.
• More than 400,000 customers use QSR software and more than 500 organizations hold site licenses for its products.
• QSR customers are drawn from the academic, government and commercial sectors and its largest geographic markets are Europe, the United States and Australasia.
• QSR International has patents pending on a range of unique technological inventions.
• QSR is the most published software developer in the qualitative research field - its software is cited in textbooks, research literature, journals and blogs worldwide.
• QSR International is the only developer in its field to earn Microsoft Gold Partner status and ISV competency.
• All QSR software developers are Microsoft Certified Professionals and all software testers have International Software Testing Qualifications Board certifications.
• An early adopter of emerging technology, QSR was amongst the first software developers in the world to utilize .Net and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express. The company was also the first in its field to develop software using Microsoft XP guidelines and to receive Microsoft’s Certified for Vista accreditation.
• QSR won the Information and Communications Technology category at the Governor of Victoria Export Awards in 2008, 2006 and 2001. It was highly commended in the same category in 2004 and 2002. The company was also selected as a finalist in the Applications and Infrastructure Tools category in the 2007 Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) iAwards and its XSight software was selected as a finalist in the 2007 MRS/ASC Technology Effectiveness Awards in the United Kingdom.
• While QSR International was formally established in 1995, the company has its origins in 1981 – when the first software product, NUD*IST, was developed.</p>
- SWIFT and Microsoft partner for cloud payments
- Encryption bill: What’s a ‘systemic weakness’? It depends, the government says
- Cloud, big data helping ‘stress test’ mortgages
- Blockchain – what is it good for? At the moment not much, DTA says
- NAB, Microsoft collaborate for facial recognition-based ATM