IBM Corp. has announced the worldwide availability of its iSeries Connect software, which allows small and midsize companies to link their businesses to online marketplaces and partners. iSeries Connect is built on Sun Microsystems Inc.'s Java and XML and is designed to run on systems used for e-commerce, such as WebSphere from IBM and Domino from IBM subsidiary Lotus Development Corp. The software, which works with IBM's eServer line of systems, offers connectivity and catalog tools, and allows users to add features to the software as they are needed. Customers using the software will be able to establish secure, direct connections with their business partners or with online exchanges, according to an IBM release. Also included in the package is IBM's MQSeries middleware, which provides messaging features. iSeries Connect pricing starts at US$1,000, according to the company.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.