The Australian Communications Authority (ACA) has released for public comment draft amendments to the Telecommunications Number Plan, which recommends mobile phone number portability from September 25 this year. Under the proposed amendments, telecommunications providers will be required to let customers change providers, whilst retaining their existing number. Acting ACA chair, Bob Horton said once the amendments were finalised, it would be up to the industry to make sure mobile number portability is delivered. The ACA said the draft amendments would be available for comment for 90 days. Written submissions on the amendments must be lodged with the ACA by May 17 2001.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible