Microsoft Corp. is under the antitrust microscope again as federal investigators review the company's US$135 million investment in rival Corel Corp. Investigators are evaluating whether the investment reduces competition in the market for office software. Microsoft Office dominates the market, which includes Corel's WordPerfect Office. However, Corel is key competition because it is available on Linux, an alternative to Windows. Microsoft officials say they are cooperating with investigators.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.