Global SAP Consultancy invests in Canberra
- 28 August, 2008 07:45
<p>Canberra’s leading SAP business consultancy, Phase III Solutions has merged with Lodestone Management Consultants to form the Canberra office of Lodestone.</p>
<p>In announcing the merger, Lodestone partner Bradley Burt said Canberra needed more dedicated SAP resources, as opposed to being treated as a satellite of Sydney or Melbourne, which is largely the case today.</p>
<p>“Canberra, more than any other major Australian market, has suffered from a lack of industry investment in people and skills. This has meant SAP customers have had to compete for a limited supply of skilled contract resources, which is certainly not in the customer’s long term interests. With this merger, Lodestone will be building upon the successful commitment already made to Canberra by Phase III in terms of employing and investing in skills and staff development.”</p>
<p>All 22 staff of Phase III will remain with the new entity, but Lodestone has aggressive growth plans for the business.</p>
<p>“We will be investing heavily in Canberra and building upon the solid base of current Phase III personnel and capability,” Burt said. “We are committed to having the best people available to Canberra clients from within Canberra, supported by our international network where necessary.”</p>
<p>Lodestone has a good record of merging with local business to establish a presence in a market. The Sydney office was established in 2007 after Lodestone merged with Benelong Consultants, a leading Australian SAP business consultancy. Since the merger, Lodestone has grown the business significantly, almost doubling staff.</p>
<p>New Lodestone Director and former Phase III Managing Director Tim Rees said the merger presented great opportunities for both clients and staff.</p>
<p>“Lodestone has market leading capability and experience in delivering high-end SAP projects internationally for Fortune 500 companies. This, combined with Phase III’s extensive Federal Government experience and niche capability in SAP NetWeaver and ERP, will mean clients are getting the best solutions from the best consultants based locally. And our staff now have far broader career opportunities offering meaningful advancement internationally.”</p>
<p>Commenting on the merger from a client perspective, Matthew Wade, Director of SAP Finance and Human Resource Systems with the Department of Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts, said it was a reflection of Canberra’s importance in the overall Australian consulting market.</p>
<p>“It’s great to see a global player investing in the Canberra market and enhancing the consulting portfolio of one of our local SAP partners.”</p>
<p>Lodestone Company www.lodestonemc.com</p>
<p>Lodestone Management Consultants is a leading global business consulting organisation for SAP-enabled business transformation. With offices across 14 countries in Europe, North America and Asia Pacific, Lodestone works with Fortune 500 companies such as Nestle, Allianz and Novartis to design and deliver solutions that enable them to thrive in today’s complex business environment.</p>
<p>Lodestone Management Consultants Canberra (formerly Phase III Solutions) builds upon the Lodestone global capability with:
• Niche capability in SAP NetWeaver.
• Staff consultants with an average of 10 years’ Federal Government financial management and business process experience.
• Extensive services offering from business and ICT strategy development to Business Case Development, Process Engineering, Implementation and Support.
• Track record in delivering SAP NetWeaver and ERP Transformation programs in Commonwealth environments.
• Ability to engage with customers at all levels of the organisation and translate enterprise processes into enterprise solutions.
• Extensive business consulting and operational skills in Finance and Human Resources allowing delivery of business-focussed solutions rather than IT-based solutions.
• Intimate knowledge of the Canberra market and extensive knowledge of the Melbourne and Sydney markets.</p>
<p>For media requests or other information, please contact:
Shuna Boyd BoydPR 02 9418 8100</p>
- Troy Hunt reveals details of mega-MEGA password dump
- Geoscience Australia works to secure positioning infrastructure from hackers
- Driverless shuttle and ‘smart bus stop’ trial launches in SA
- Telstra boosts subsea network capacity with ICE4 rollout
- Former CSIRO manager faces court over alleged $400,000 spending spree