InfoPrint Solutions (IPS) is looking to reinforce its business partner ranks following the official local launch of its printing operations.
IPS is a joint venture between IBM's Printing Systems Division and Ricoh. Under the deal, which was struck in January, Ricoh acquired 51 per cent of IBM's global printing business with the intention of acquiring the remaining 49 per cent over the next three years.
IBM's business partners, along with its global distribution and sales teams, will continue to work with IPS as preferred global print solutions provider.
Country manager, Rene Kisselbach, said it had broadened its printing portfolio significantly to cater to the needs of customers and had introduced seven new printers - ranging from mono lasers and multifunction devices to workgroup and industrial-grade machines - since January. It also offers software applications such as workflow and printer management.
The next step was to prop up knowledge of the products in the channel community, he said.
"We will be expanding this with more resources to support our dealer base and further educating them on our range of hardware and software solutions," Kisselbach said. "Our broader range gives partners the opportunity to put together a comprehensive solution which suits their customer's needs."
IPS recently appointed Owen Mostert as its dedicated local channel manager. He has 17 years experience in IT and spent the past 12 months working for channel credit provider, MoneyTech. He has also previously worked for Alloys International and several resellers.
"Owen's main job is to educate solution partners about our products, assist in putting solutions together, marketing material, partner strategies and so on," Kisselbach said.
IPS also runs dedicated programs to assist partners with workflow management, customer assessments and end-user printing analysis. The vendor has two local distributors - Cellnet and Avnet - as well as six top-tier business partners covering NSW, Victoria and the ACT.
Kisselbach said it was keen to recruit more integrators to strengthen sales in these states as well as build up sales in Queensland and SA.