Alcatel positioned in the leader quadrant for Unified Communications by analyst firm
- 01 March, 2005 15:23
<p>Paris, February 28, 2005 – Alcatel (Paris: CGEP.PA AND NYSE: ALA) announced today that market research firm Gartner, Inc. placed Alcatel in the leader’s quadrant of its "Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications, 2005*" by Bern Elliot, Steve Blood and Drew Kraus. According to Gartner, “Leaders” are performing well today, have a clear vision of market direction and are actively building competencies to sustain their leadership position in the market.</p>
<p>Gartner evaluated vendors according to how well they meet criteria along two axes: Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute. The leader's quadrant contains vendors that are selling specific, comprehensive Unified Communications products that address a range of market needs. These vendors have defined migration plans and products for all five of the following core UC markets, including voice and unified messaging; live voice call handling; email; voice, web, and video conferencing and collaboration; and instant messaging.</p>
<p>“Unified communications technology has the potential to significantly alter and improve the ways that individuals, groups and companies interact and perform,” said Gartner Vice President Bern Elliot in the report. “This technology and related applications have matured considerably during the past year, and when properly employed can offer companies significant value.”</p>
<p>Alcatel’s OmniTouch Unified Communication suite of applications enables enterprise users to communicate and share knowledge more effectively. The Alcatel OmniTouch Unified Communication suite includes four applications:</p>
<p>* My Messaging – A voiceXML-based unified messaging application for handling non real time communications with a single multi-media mailbox (voicemail, email and faxes) that leverages existing rich e-mail clients. My Messaging capabilities are available both in the office and for mobile workers, providing access through a web client or any mobile device.
* My Phone – An XML/SOAP-based real-time communications management tool that transforms any phone into a business phone, enabling access to full telephony features, including click to dial, unified directory access, and call log.
* My Assistant – Provides one-number follow-me capabilities and call screening through personal routing rules defined by the individual user. These rules can be set up in the office or while away through web access or via touch-tone from any mobile device. My Assistant is a powerful tool for mobile workers who need to stay in touch while traveling.
* My Teamwork – Enables knowledge sharing and collaboration through voice and data conferencing. Through a simple-to-use web interface, employees can initiate conferences, including audio, data and application sharing, on demand or through scheduling on a regular basis. My Teamwork will be available in a future release.</p>
<p>“We are honored to be recognized by Gartner in the leader quadrant in Unified Communications,” said Jean-Christophe Giroux, President of Alcatel enterprise activities. “This is a strong confirmation of our strategy to deliver user-centric communications applications that increase employee productivity and improve business processes.”</p>
<p>* The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted February 17th, 2005 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.</p>
Alcatel provides communications solutions to telecommunication carriers, Internet service providers and enterprises for delivery of voice, data and video applications to their customers or employees. Alcatel brings its leading position in fixed and mobile broadband networks; applications and services, to help its partners and customers build a user-centric broadband world. With sales of EURO 12.3 billion in 2004, Alcatel operates in more than 130 countries.
For more information, visit Alcatel on the Internet: http://www.alcatel.com</p>
Anna Perrin, Ph: (02) 8306 5575 firstname.lastname@example.org
Gwen John, Ph: (02) 9810 1367 email@example.com</p>
- Hong Kong TV company seeks to block illicit set-top box streaming in Australia
- ASX confirms blockchain-inspired distributed ledger to replace CHESS
- Prospect of IP-based blocking to fight piracy raised in court
- 8700 Optus customers to be compensated over NBN speeds
- DevOps and cloud set up Amaysim for growth