Live the LifeBook Lifestyle and experience a new level of attention to detail that makes all the difference
- 19 June, 2006 12:31
<p>With true insight into digital and mobile living, each Fujitsu notebook PC is carefully crafted for use by human beings, not machines. Find out what makes Fujitsu’s range of powerful portables a true pleasure to use, everyday, and find out why, at Fujitsu, it’s all about you.</p>
<p>Australia, 19 June 2006 – In the 21st century, the modern notebook has rapidly evolved into a digital powerhouse of productivity, seamlessly and even wirelessly connecting us to our business and personal lives, the Internet, digital media and all of our digital memories.</p>
<p>Mr Adrian Mead, Manager Australasian Operations said “When you experience a LifeBook, you notice that Fujitsu PC doesn’t just take care of the details. We take care of you. We place the utmost important in our customers’ needs and comfort when designing the LifeBook range of portable PCs. We don’t just create new models, either – we set new benchmarks in benefits, features and design that set us apart from the rest.”</p>
<p>The Fujitsu PC keyboard
While the screen is the visual window in your digital world, the keyboard is the primary input interface.
• By using an improved rubber pantograph in each keyboard, we’ve ensured each key is truly stable and shake-free. While this seems minor, it means less stress on the keyboard – and less stress on your fingertips.
• When you rest your palms on our keyboards, you’ll notice that the palm rest edge is sloped for easy keyboard input. This allows your palms to rest comfortably on the keyboard, reducing wrist strain – an important ergonomic consideration.
• How do you reduce eye-strain when using the keyboard? By insisting on an easily-read font for each key, in large type. After using a LifeBook for any length of time, your eyes will appreciate it!
• Do strangely small keys on portable PCs annoy you? They annoy us, too. That’s why we’ve specifically enlarged frequently used keys and positioned them at the end or corners for improved usability. It’s the little things like this that really make a difference.
• Have you ever seen a keyboard with worn out keys? We have too, and it’s very frustrating. To ensure this never happens with any Fujitsu Lifebook, we use laser engraving on each key to prevent everyday use from wiping out your keyboard.</p>
<p>Fujitsu PC gives you the (battery) power!
• You’ll always know how much power is at your disposal thanks to the handy and unique status LCD built into each Fujitsu PC. Your battery’s power level can be easily recognized on the status LCD which shows you the amount of power available in 5 clear stages.
• A secure two-step lock ensures your battery is always firmly in place – and not anywhere else.</p>
<p>Feel the power – without feeling the heat.
• Portable technology has so much power within that things can heat up. To ensure your comfort, we’ve applied suede pads to known hot spots on the base of each LifeBook to reduce any possible temperature related discomfort.
• We also take advantage of the latest thermal features and power saving technologies to maximize battery life while minimizing heat.</p>
<p>Little user-friendly features that make all the difference
• We always locate at least one, if not more, USB ports on the side of each Fujitsu PC LifeBook, for easy access and convenience.
• Need to add a spare battery, a new-model DVD burner or a spare battery? A hot-swappable bay is located at the side of the LifeBook for total upgrade convenience.
• The infrared data communication port (IrDA) is positioned conveniently for easy communication with mobile phones, PDAs and other portable computers so you and your devices can be quickly connected with a minimum of fuss.
• To prevent system damage, we’ve made it very difficult to insert your modem or LAN cable in the wrong way, preserving the integrity of your ports and your connecting cables.
• Have you ever seen a notebook with discoloration on the palm rest or elsewhere? Such an issue will not happen with a Fujitsu LifeBook because we use a special body color that simply won’t change, even over an extended period of time, especially in the palm-rest area where many other brands are particularly susceptible to color-fade.
• Carefully chosen LCD displays with reduced reflection ensure that each LifeBook is eye-friendly by design. This means better contrast, better brightness and it’s better for your eyes.
• For convenience, all LifeBook PCs come with a quick launch panel to get you powered up and productive in record time.</p>
<p>As you can see, each LifeBook truly is so much more than a collection of powerful PC parts. We’ve designed the LifeBook with one person in mind… you. Here are some important productivity and ergonomic tips to make your LifeBook experience even better:</p>
<p>• To relieve stress on your muscles, please take frequent breaks and change the position of your notebook when in use.
• To reduce weight strain when carrying your LifeBook, consider removing optical disk drives and using weight savers when you know optical disk access (CD/DVD) will not be needed.
• For comfort, please keep your wrist position neutral when using the keyboard.
• Take advantage of recommended docking stations or port replicators. Recommended by ergonomic experts, a docking station facilitates plugging external devices such as mice, keyboards, and other external peripherals into your LifeBook when used at a regular workspace, giving you the benefits or portability when on the road, and valuable ergonomic benefits when in the office.</p>
<p>Ms Brooke Costello, Marketing Communications Manager said “As you can see, a Fujitsu PC truly has been designed with you in mind. We don’t cut corners, or skimp on features… we strive to make the LifeBook PC the ultimate portable PC experience. Change your life for the better and live the LifeBook lifestyle for yourself!”</p>
<p>Fujitsu PC Asia Pacific Pte Ltd is the Asia Pacific Regional Headquarters for PC business of Fujitsu Limited, Japan. Its responsibilities include the marketing and sales of a wide range of personal computers for the corporate and end-user markets in the Asia Pacific.</p>
<p>Fujitsu PC Asia Pacific pledges “Built-in Confidence” for every product under its brand name to reassure users of product and service excellence. From high performance components to stringent quality control and professional after-sales service, Fujitsu stands for reliability and satisfaction.</p>
<p>Fujitsu is a leading provider of customer-focused IT and communications solutions for the global marketplace. Pace-setting technologies, highly reliable computing and telecommunications platforms, and a worldwide corps of systems and services experts uniquely position Fujitsu to deliver comprehensive solutions that open up infinite possibilities for its customers’ success. Fujitsu also makes every effort to ensure that our products are manufactured in a bid to promote environment conservation and protection. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of about 4.8 trillion yen (US$40.6 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2006. See www.fujitsu.com for further information.</p>
- People trying to opt-out of My Health Record find they already have one
- Telstra eyes redundancies in enterprise sales and service teams
- Samsung and Uniting launch VR pilot for residents with dementia
- Tech companies join call for govt to back away from encryption crackdown
- Entertainment companies join forces in major push to block pirate sites