Leading market research firm ranks Fortinet as the largest private network security appliance vendor
- 28 March, 2006 09:49
<p>SYDNEY, March 28, 2006. Fortinet – the pioneer and leading provider of multi-threat security solutions – today announced that IDC research data confirms it is the largest private security appliance vendor among tracked companies and is the leader in several key categories of the unified threat management market.</p>
<p>Data in IDC’s Q4 2005 Worldwide Quarterly Security Appliance Tracker confirmed:
* Fortinet is the world’s largest private vendor in the security appliance market across all categories that IDC measures in the security appliance market--UTM, IDP/IPS and VPN/firewall.
* Fortinet was the fastest growing vendor in the high-end UTM market for 2005 ($50,000 and $99,900 price band segment), growing factory revenue as well as device shipments by more than two times when compared to 2004.
* Fortinet led the mid-range UTM appliance segment (from $6,000 to $9,900 price band) for all of 2005.</p>
<p>In regional results, Fortinet led the entire UTM market in Western Europe and Asia Pacific (including Japan) for 2005, based on strong revenues and success in all market segments.</p>
<p>“Fortinet, as the first provider of this integrated functionality, is seeing rapid growth in the mid- and high-end markets,” said Ken Xie, founder and CEO of Fortinet. “Our business is being driven by enormous demand from enterprises of all sizes, service providers, and carriers that are increasingly recognizing that no other vendor can offer the security, performance and cost advantages that Fortinet provides.”</p>
<p>IDC defines UTM security appliance products as those that integrate multiple security features within one device, including network firewalling, network intrusion detection and prevention (IDP), and gateway anti-virus. Fortinet pioneered the UTM market and has held the confirmed worldwide leadership position for two consecutive years. Through its family of award-winning FortiGate™ multi-threat security systems, Fortinet offers best-in-class security applications and services - including firewall, antivirus, virtual private network (VPN), intrusion prevention (IPS), anti-spam, Web content filtering and traffic shaping -- individually, or combined as a UTM solution.</p>
<p>For more information on Fortinet solutions, please visit: www.fortinet.com/products.</p>
<p>About Fortinet (www.fortinet.com)
Fortinet is the pioneer and leading provider of ASIC-accelerated multi-threat security systems, which are used by enterprises and service providers to increase their security while reducing total operating costs. Fortinet solutions were built from the ground up to integrate multiple levels of security protection--including firewall, antivirus, intrusion prevention, VPN, spyware prevention and anti-spam--providing customers a way to protect multiple threats as well as blended threats. Leveraging a custom ASIC and unified interface, Fortinet solutions offer advanced security functionality that scales from remote office to chassis-based solutions with integrated management and reporting. Fortinet solutions have won multiple awards around the world and are the only security products that are certified eight times over by the ICSA (firewall, antivirus, IPSec, SSL, IDS, client antivirus detection, cleaning and anti-spyware). Fortinet is privately held and based in Sunnyvale, California.
# # #</p>
<p>Yvonne Cheong David Frost
Fortinet PR Deadlines
(65) 6838 5226 (02) 4341 5021
- Australian start-up Fleet Space aims to enable IoT globally
- Psykinetic launches 'world's fastest' eye-gaze keyboard, music-maker and app store
- DHS begins search for Sterrenberg’s replacement
- Reserve Bank promotes from within to fill CIO role
- Inside Facebook's plan to limit the impact of GDPR protections