The new pest is a version of a common network worm named "Forbot." It infects machines by exploiting loosely secured MySQL installations running on Windows machines connected to the Internet. The new Forbot variant is one of the first known examples of an automated Internet threat targeting MySQL, and could infect machines running a wide range of database applications that use MySQL, according to Joe Stewart, a senior security researcher at LURHQ.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible