Polycom Ships SoundStation2W - First Wireless SoundStation Conference Phone
- 11 May, 2005 12:07
<p>SoundStation2W sets a new standard for everyday voice conferencing as a wireless solution ideal for a broad range of work environments</p>
<p>Polycom®, Inc. (NASDAQ: PLCM), the world’s leading provider of unified collaborative communications solutions, today announced availability of the SoundStation2W™ in Australia, the company’s first wireless conference phone based on the award-winning triangular-shaped SoundStation® line - the most widely used conference phones in the world. The SoundStation2W sets a new standard for everyday voice conferencing with enhanced voice quality compared to the original SoundStation, secure 1.9 GHz technology with voice encryption, up to 24 hours of talk time via a Lithium Ion battery, and the ability to dial through a mobile phone.</p>
<p>Since launching the original SoundStation in 1992, Polycom has shipped more than 1.5 million units and received numerous industry awards for its breakthrough quality and design. The newest edition, the SoundStation2W, eliminates cable clutter on the conference room table and introduces new levels of flexibility and mobility for a variety of work environments, including spaces where no phone line is available.
“The SoundStation2W is designed for today’s dynamic work environment where group and remote collaboration are pervasive - well beyond the conference room,” said David Alexander, multimedia/conferencing and collaboration group industry manager with Frost & Sullivan. “The SoundStation2W provides the flexibility to conference in a variety of locations without worrying about installing an analog phone line in the immediate area. By combining the convenience of a mobile phone with Polycom’s industry leading features and acoustics, the SoundStation2W is sure to be popular choice amongst a broad range of customer segments.”
“Both customer and channel demand have been very strong for the SoundStation2W,” said James Anderson, country manager, Australia and New Zealand at Polycom. “Initial customer feedback on voice quality and the wireless features has been very positive.”
The primary features of the SoundStation2W include:
· Leading Polycom voice quality - The SoundStation2W is based on 11 years of market-leading Polycom Acoustic Clarity Technology, which offers crisp voice quality and natural two-communication (full duplex) delivered through high-performance speakers and finely tuned microphones that offer 360-degree room coverage. With twice the loudness and twice the microphone sensitivity of the original SoundStation, the SoundStation2W delivers a more productive voice conferencing experience.
· Wireless flexibility and mobility - The system uses 1.9GHz WDCT (World Digital Communications Technology) providing up to 150-foot wireless range between the phone and a compact base station which plugs into any analog phone jack. The phone’s quick-charging lithium-ion battery offers 12 or 24 hours (with upgrade) of talk time and 80 or 160 hours of standby time and can be recharged while in use in any room with a portable console charger. With 24 hours talk time, most customers will only need to charge the phone once a week. Expandable microphones are available for larger meeting environments.
· Unmatched Security - The phone features frequency hopping spread spectrum and additional 64 bit voice encryption for secure wireless operation. Additionally, the system provides an authentication key between the console and base station to ensure a unique pairing and to further reduce potential line interference issues. The SoundStation2W also introduces console activated Aux out, so that options such as recording are controlled from the phone rather than from the base station. This added control ensures that users are not subject to eavesdropping when using the phone in a place where the base station is out of sight.
· Mobile phone compatibility - Users can start and manage calls on a mobile phone and take advantage of the benefits of Polycom conference phone hands-free communication. Mobile phones connect to the SoundStation2W through the headset jack by plugging the provided cable with standard 2.5mm interface into the conference phone. This capability is ideal for ad hoc meetings where conversations frequently evolve from two individuals speaking to multiple participants at each location. Further, in facilities with no phone lines, users can now setup an instant conferencing environment using the mobile phone network, the conference phone acoustics and by connecting the base station to a power source.
· Feature-rich LCD display and intuitive interface - The SoundStation2W display provides battery and wireless signal status icons, caller ID and the capability to program a unique speed dial for a conference service number, among other familiar conference phone capabilities.
· Investment protection through software upgrades - A built-in USB port enables the phone to be upgraded with new features and functionality via a software download.</p>
<p>Pricing and availability:
The SoundStation2W is now available in Australia and New Zealand through Polycom channel partners, with pricing for the SoundStation2W listed at $1,200 for the base model and $1,500 for an upgraded model with greater battery life and expandability.</p>
Polycom, Inc. is the worldwide leader in unified collaborative communications (UCC) that maximize the efficiency and productivity of people and organizations by integrating the broadest array of video, voice, data and Web solutions to deliver the ultimate communications experience. Polycom’s high quality, standards-based conferencing and collaboration solutions are easy to deploy and manage, as well as intuitive to use. Supported by an open architecture, they integrate seamlessly with leading telephony and presence-based networks. With its market driving technologies, best-in-class products, alliance partnerships, and world-class service, Polycom is the smart choice for organizations seeking proven solutions and a competitive advantage in real-time communications and collaboration. The NASDAQ-listed company is based in Pleasanton, California, USA, and has Asia-Pacific offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, New Delhi, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo. For additional information call 1-800-355-355 or visit the Polycom site at www.polycomasia.com.</p>
<p>Polycom, the Polycom logo, SoundStation, SoundPoint and ViewStation are registered trademarks and VSX, WebOffice and MGC are trademarks of Polycom in the U.S. and various countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2005, Polycom, Inc. All rights reserved.</p>
- Visual Studio Code’s Python add-on tries out data science
- Fear and hacking on the bug bounty trail
- Google Cloud launches AI Hub to simplify machine learning deployment
- Making the right hyper-convergence choice: HCI hardware or software?
- BlackBerry in talks to buy cybersecurity company Cylance: Report