Sniffer Technologies extends management capabilities of nPO manager to support business-critical applications
- 18 May, 2004 14:54
<p>Sydney, 18 May 2004 – Network Associates today announced enhanced features and functionality for the Network Performance Orchestrator (nPO) Manager 3.0. This supports management capabilities for its market-leading portfolio of network instrumentation solutions which facilitate the deployment and maintenance of business-critical applications, including VoIP, ERP, CRM and BPA. The key components in nPO Manager 3.0 enhance automation and security to increase IT staff efficiency and effectiveness, and reduce customer business risk from the deployment and maintenance of these mission-critical applications. This is accomplished through a centralised management system that secures, configures and manages all Sniffer Distributed resources.</p>
<p>A turnkey network appliance, nPO Manager 3.0 enables IT administrators to strategically manage and secure their enterprise network from a centralised point anywhere in the world. Centralised management helps administrators to significantly improve workflow, lower costs, and reduce exposure to security breaches while helping to maintain peak performance of business applications on the network. Features included in nPO Manager 3.0 are:
• Easy-to-navigate user interface – the nPO Manager 3.0 provides customers with an easy-to-navigate, browser-based, user interface (UI) that enables them to experience higher time-to-value and a significantly low learning curve, minimising training costs. nPO Manager delivers ease-of-use for novice users without sacrificing the advanced functionality that sophisticated users require.
• Centralised alarm management – with enhanced centralised alarm management capabilities, the nPO Manager 3.0 enables network managers to efficiently manage all Sniffer Distributed’s performance and security alarms through a central browser-based console. With multi-segment flow analysis, managers are able to rapidly detect and resolve network and application performance issues.
• Enhanced software distribution – installation of new Sniffer Distributed software releases is further automated through functionality that allows software to be pushed out to Sniffer Distributed appliances according to location and time of day.
• Enhanced application analysis – the flow-based multi-segment analysis capability of nPO Manager has been enhanced to support multi-tiered applications where load balancers may be in used. New capabilities have been incorporated that enable network managers to evaluate the impact of new application roll-out, greatly reducing the business risk associated with new application deployment.
• Sharing of filters – through this collaborative functionality, IT staff can leverage knowledge and resources to more rapidly identify worms and other security issues such as Trojans and back doors, in addition to network performance issues. These security filters are developed in cooperation with the McAfee Anti-Virus Emergency Response Team (AVERT). This co-operation will continue for two years after the divestiture of Sniffer Technologies in the third quarter.</p>
The new nPO Manager 3.0 solution will be available through channel partners and direct sales, and will begin shipping in June 2004. For additional information on the nPO solution, please contact Sniffer Technologies at +61 2 9761 4200.
About Sniffer Technologies
On April 22, 2004, Network Associates announced that the Sniffer Technologies division will be acquired by Silver Lake Partners and Texas Pacific Group to create a new independent company called Network General Corporation. The acquisition is expected to close in the third quarter.</p>
<p>Sniffer Technologies, a product line of Network Associates, is a leading provider of network, security, and application management solutions designed to ensure optimal business uptime and availability. Supporting the widest range of network topologies in the industry, Sniffer Technologies' integrated product suite enables enterprises, small to medium businesses, and service providers worldwide effectively maintain their networks and applications up and running at peak performance, 24x7. As one of the most trusted providers of monitoring, troubleshooting, and network visualisation solutions, Sniffer Technologies' solution set is designed to meet the demanding availability and security requirements of organisations' Web sites; Internet applications; converged voice, video, and data networks; wireless local area networks (LANs); and high speed switched and optical networks. For more information, Sniffer Technologies can be reached on the Internet at http://www.sniffer.com.</p>
<p>About Network Associates
With headquarters in Santa Clara, California, Network Associates, Inc. (NYSE: NET) creates best-of-breed computer security solutions that prevent intrusions on networks and protect computer systems from the next generation of blended attacks and threats. Offering two families of products, McAfee System Protection Solutions, securing desktops and servers, and McAfee Network Protection Solutions, ensuring the protection and performance of the corporate network, Network Associates offers computer security to large enterprises, governments, small and medium sized businesses, and consumers. For more information, Network Associates can be reached at + 61 2 9761 4200 or on the Internet at http://www.networkassociates.com/.</p>
<p>NOTE: Network Associates, McAfee, Sniffer, Network Performance Orchestrator, AVERT and nPO are registered trademarks or trademarks of Network Associates, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Sniffer brand products are made only by Network Associates, Inc. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners. 2004 Networks Associates Technology, Inc.</p>
<p>For more information please contact:
Senior Account Manager, TEXT100
T: (02) 9956 5733</p>
- NBN Co to target business market with new bundles
- Cryptocurrency project Basis to shut down and return funding to investors
- Google’s cloud gets greenlight for hosting government data
- Undersea robot ‘crop duster’ replenishes Great Barrier Reef coral
- Deadset distributed ledger legends: Aussie inventors’ blockchain patent strength