Telco to spend money on improving resilience of mobile services, core network
Picks up Nextgen’s fibre but not Metronode
Peter Nevin to depart healthcare group in September
Optus looking at how it can enhance finance and HR functions “through better analytics, systems and technology to evolve service delivery across our business”.
Businesses to get access speeds up to 10Gbps
Who pays the costs of blocking pirate websites also remains a key dispute
Healthcare services group Genea is on the hunt for a new chief information officer, with its current CIO, Peter Nevin, deciding to move on to a new challenge.
Telstra’s CEO says the telco will spend $250 million on network improvements (a figure that includes $50 million the telco previously announced it would spend on improving its mobile network's resilience).
Cloudera, which provides a distribution of Apache Hadoop and associated services, says it is doubling business annually on the back of growth in the use of Hadoop to analyse the massive volumes of data being generated by connected ‘things’ of all kinds.
Vocus Communications has moved to acquire Nextgen’s backhaul assets as well as the under-development North West Cable System and Australia Singapore Cable in a deal with approximately $861 million.
Hackers are stealing credit card information in Europe with malware that can spoof the user interfaces of Uber, WhatsApp and Google Play.
Robots are already no strangers to the legal profession thanks to tools like LawGeex, but recently one has emerged that appears to be a sort of "Robin Hood" of the modern world.
Cisco Systems just cast a vote of confidence in one of the technologies that might get your next IoT device online. On Tuesday, the company announced gateways between LoRaWAN low-power wireless networks and fatter pipes like Ethernet cables.
The technology industry's e-waste problem isn't expected to go away anytime soon, but IBM just made a discovery that could help.
Attackers have compromised more than 25,000 digital video recorders and CCTV cameras and are using them to launch distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks against websites.
Former Australian Federal Police assistant commissioner and former leader of the Australian High Tech Crime Centre Kevin Zuccato will lead a new IBM security initiative.
IT departments are constantly faced with the challenge of managing complex, multi-cloud environments that combine best-of-breed public and private services with traditional on-premise infrastructure. A group of IT thought leaders gathered at Vue De Monde in Melbourne to discuss their hybrid cloud journeys.
Common apps spoofed to trick users into downloading malware.
Products ranged from UAVs and jet engines to human skull and knee replacements
NSW Premier Mike Baird today officially opened Twitter’s new Australian headquarters in Sydney.
I’m feeling a little vulnerable, there are growing business pressures at play and I think there is a restructure that is going on. I fear for my role and not sure I can do much to control this. ...
- Program Director NSW
- Business Analyst VIC
- Systems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1 ACT
- Project Scheduler - IT Security Program NSW
- Project Manager NSW
- Network Engineer NSW
- Business Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgd NSW
- IT Change Manager - Western Sydney NSW
- Technical COE Specialist ACT
- Senior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENT NSW
Today, there is more pressure than ever for businesses to be always on and always available. The enterprise ecosystem has expanded to include customers, employees, partners, and suppliers — and all of these stakeholders are demanding services be available 24x7x365.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Jetstar talks 'How To' on collaboration tools and PwC plan & refine your collaboration journey | Save your seat today
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.