Data centres consolidated from 30 to three
Ombudsman slams Customs for shoddy recordkeeping
Consolidates two core banking platforms
End users on the NBN are ‘gravitating to speeds that meet their needs,’ Bill Morrow said today
Flights delayed after Advance Passenger Processing outage hits Australian airports
Early adopters will use Advanced Technology Cluster from June
ANZ has slashed its hardware bill by 25 per cent thanks to the use of public and private cloud services, according to the bank’s general manager, consumer digital technology, Christian Venter.
The Commonwealth Ombudsman has been unable to confirm whether the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service (Customs – now integrated into the Australian Border Force) met its legal obligations when exercising powers given to it under telecommunications interception and access legislation.
ASX-listed, Tasmania-based financial services group MyState has moved to a consolidated core banking system for both MyState Bank and The Rock.
Governments, vendors and user companies all can do more.
The global WannaCry attack that started 10 days ago affected just a handful of Windows XP PCs, a security expert said today.
Google’s recently announced Spanner cloud database is ushering in a wave of so-called NewSQL databases that support traditional schematics but are able to scale to global sizes.
The government should move quickly to implement the recommendations of the review into the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA), telco industry body Communications Alliance said today.
End users on the National Broadband Network are “gravitating to speeds that meet their needs” — and in most cases that is 25 megabits per second, according to NBN’s CEO, Bill Morrow
Australian airports are experiencing delays due to an outage of the system that provides Advance Passenger Processing (APP).
Researchers are vying to be early adopters of Pawsey Supercomputing Centre’s new Advanced Technology Cluster, Athena.
A ‘speed networking’ event at NSW Parliament this week brought together representatives of 25 companies that are seeking the next generation of cyber security talent with 130 students from the state’s universities.
Telstra’s new CTO, Hakan Eriksson, yesterday took journalists on a tour of Telstra Labs
For those leading the technology agenda in the digital education revolution - including ICT managers, directors and heads of department - there’s a pivotal role to play in the planning, organising, directing, controlling and coordinating the STEM agenda.
For those leading the technology agenda in the digital education revolution - including ICT managers, directors and heads of department - there’s a pivotal role to play in the planning, organising, directing, controlling and coordinating the STEM agenda. A group of industry experts gathered at the Crown in Melbourne to attend the Computerworld Education Event Series: Leading the Tech Agenda in STEM Education: Preparing Youth for Success, sponsored by Dell and Microsoft.
How do you envisage tackling the skill shortage within cyber security David?
- Business Analyst- Wollongong, Loftus, Sutherland Shire NSW
- Senior Network Architect - CCIE VIC
- Implementation Manager/Planner ACT
- Organisational Change Manager NSW
- Splunk Software Developer | 6mth Contract VIC
- CCNP Network Engineer VIC
- Infrastructure Test Manager NSW
- Principal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive. NSW
- Delivery Co-ordinators QLD
- Implementation Manager/Planner NSW
Wi-Fi design guides and deployment best practices are plentiful – many of which can be helpful. The trouble is, if the Wi-Fi is already installed and running, then a design guide isn’t as useful as troubleshooting. This white paper looks at solutions a different way. The goal here is to look at five common problems that plague wireless installations and how to solve them while keeping the solutions straightforward. Each and every problem listed in this paper has a simple solution. What's more, all of the problems are common, and all of the solutions are in WLAN infrastructure settings.
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now