Distributed ledger technology could help solar-powered households trade excess energy
More homes previously expected to receive FTTN will receive FTTC
Competition watchdog finalises wholesale pricing for ‘superfast’ networks
Data Integration Partnership for Australia to boost data-driven policy, government says
Australian law enforcement has sought more data about Apple devices, latest transparency report reveals
NTC and Austroads issue national guidelines
Electricity retailer AGL has revealed details a plan to stage a desktop trial of peer-to-peer energy trading by households using distributed ledger technology inspired by Bitcoin’s blockchain.
It’s hard to believe that the all-flash data centre started over 20 years ago
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has done an about face on the government’s proposed Regional Broadband Scheme (RBS) charge, saying it will allow network operators to pass the cost of it on to consumers.
Penetration testing was much like taking a battering ram to the door of the fortress. Keep pounding away and maybe find a secret backdoor to enter through. But what happens if pieces of the network are outside of the fortress? With the flurry of Internet of Things devices, is it harder to conduct a pen test with that many devices and end points?
NBN’s chief executive Bill Morrow says that the company will be “making some announcements soon” about wider use of fibre to the curb (FTTC) technology for the National Broadband Network rollout.
A widespread ransomware attack propagating as a worm was a legitimate cause of alarm.
Microsoft's grand plan for maintaining Windows 10 on a regular twice-a-year cadence sounds so simple. It's not. Here's help figuring it all out.
While blockchain may have cut its teeth on the cryptocurrency Bitcoin, the distributed electronic ledger technology is quickly making inroads across a variety of industries.
In its 2017-18 budget handed down today, the Tasmanian government has earmarked more than $60 million for key digital transformation projects, including a program to upgrade IT systems relied on by emergency services in the state. Overall the government said it intended to spend $67.5 million in ICT upgrades.
Data analytics teams will help drive evidence-based programs and policy under the government’s Data Integration Partnership for Australia (DIPA).
A ‘speed networking’ event at NSW Parliament this week brought together representatives of 25 companies that are seeking the next generation of cyber security talent with 130 students from the state’s universities.
Telstra’s new CTO, Hakan Eriksson, yesterday took journalists on a tour of Telstra Labs
For those leading the technology agenda in the digital education revolution - including ICT managers, directors and heads of department - there’s a pivotal role to play in the planning, organising, directing, controlling and coordinating the STEM agenda.
For those leading the technology agenda in the digital education revolution - including ICT managers, directors and heads of department - there’s a pivotal role to play in the planning, organising, directing, controlling and coordinating the STEM agenda. A group of industry experts gathered at the Crown in Melbourne to attend the Computerworld Education Event Series: Leading the Tech Agenda in STEM Education: Preparing Youth for Success, sponsored by Dell and Microsoft.
David, I've been a IT Manager for more than 5 years now, I enjoy my job but don't feel that I'm really recognised or valued. Right now I report into a CFO and feel somewhat constrained. How can ...
- BI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business Objects NSW
- Microsoft (Sharepoint) Specialist NSW
- Infrastructure Project Manager NSW
- Information Management Business Capability Analyst ACT
- Security Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - Sydney NSW
- Wireless Networking Consultant NSW
- Senior Solution Analyst /Technical Business Analyst VIC
- Procurement Officer ACT
- Senior Project Manager NSW
- Senior Data Engineer NSW
And you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each.
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now