Data Integration Partnership for Australia to boost data-driven policy, government says
Australian law enforcement has sought more data about Apple devices, latest transparency report reveals
NTC and Austroads issue national guidelines
CIO Simon Moorfield to report directly to CEO
Builds on 2014 cloud computing strategy
Data centres consolidated from 30 to three
Microsoft's grand plan for maintaining Windows 10 on a regular twice-a-year cadence sounds so simple. It's not. Here's help figuring it all out.
While blockchain may have cut its teeth on the cryptocurrency Bitcoin, the distributed electronic ledger technology is quickly making inroads across a variety of industries.
In its 2017-18 budget handed down today, the Tasmanian government has earmarked more than $60 million for key digital transformation projects, including a program to upgrade IT systems relied on by emergency services in the state. Overall the government said it intended to spend $67.5 million in ICT upgrades.
Data analytics teams will help drive evidence-based programs and policy under the government’s Data Integration Partnership for Australia (DIPA).
In the second half of 2016 Apple received fewer device-based requests from Australian law enforcement agencies compared to the first half of the year. However, the requests related to a higher number of devices, according to the iPhone maker’s latest transparency report.
The National Transport Commission (NTC) and Austroads have jointly released national guidelines for trials of automated vehicles on Australian roads.
With machine learning now a major market for GPUs, AMD wants a piece of that action — and an end to Nvidia’s essential monopoly
Artificial intelligence is where the competition is in IT, with Microsoft and Google both parading powerful, always-available AI tools for the enterprise at their respective developer conferences, Build and I/O, in May.
AGL’s chief information officer will join the energy company’s executive team and report directly to CEO Andy Vesey.
On Andrew Cann’s first day as Western Australia’s chief technology officer, sitting within the Office of the Government CIO, his boss – GCIO Giles Nunis – said he wanted the CTO to move the whole of the WA government to the cloud.
A ‘speed networking’ event at NSW Parliament this week brought together representatives of 25 companies that are seeking the next generation of cyber security talent with 130 students from the state’s universities.
Telstra’s new CTO, Hakan Eriksson, yesterday took journalists on a tour of Telstra Labs
For those leading the technology agenda in the digital education revolution - including ICT managers, directors and heads of department - there’s a pivotal role to play in the planning, organising, directing, controlling and coordinating the STEM agenda.
For those leading the technology agenda in the digital education revolution - including ICT managers, directors and heads of department - there’s a pivotal role to play in the planning, organising, directing, controlling and coordinating the STEM agenda. A group of industry experts gathered at the Crown in Melbourne to attend the Computerworld Education Event Series: Leading the Tech Agenda in STEM Education: Preparing Youth for Success, sponsored by Dell and Microsoft.
How can a CIO today be an effective advocate of the business, when they don't come from the business?
- Testing Manager - Energy sector VIC
- TIBCO Support Analyst VIC
- Senior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACI NSW
- Wintel Engineer - Website hosting NSW
- IT Support / Desktop Support SA
- Reporting System Specialist - Port Macquarie QLD
- IT Systems Specialist- Database l Bathurst Location NSW
- Transport Engineer VIC
- Senior IT Project Manager SA
- Systems Engineer VIC
And you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each.
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more