Server virtualization brings tremendous value in terms of adding operational agility and significant cost savings through consolidation, increased utilization, and workload portability, but storage can be an inhibitor to realizing that value. Traditional storage systems were not designed to be shared between applications, and the gyrations required to do so, such as mapping LUNs, volumes, ports, and zones, introduce complexity without solving the entire storage challenge related to supporting virtual environments. This is because they cannot provide sufficient quality of service to ensure the right applications get the right amount of resources. What is needed is a solution that is application-aware in order to ensure application quality of service. That is the approach Tintri took with its VMstore.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Jetstar talks 'How To' on collaboration tools and PwC plan & refine your collaboration journey | Save your seat today
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!