- The week in security: Root-certificate stuff-ups send Dell, device makers scrambling
- Hackers taget toy maker VTech, make off with customer data
- Microsoft enables potential unwanted software detection for enterprise customers
- Make sure the cloud doesn't fog up your window into network security
- ANZ mobile adoption matching world pace for Wi-Fi security management: Aruba
This whitepaper discusses the data protection features offered by PowerVault DL4000 running AppAssure Data Protection software and describes how these features help in backup and recovery of the Microsoft UC&C applications. This white paper also describes the overall architecture of the data protection solution.
This infographic looks at the results from backup and recovery system testing done by Principled Technologies to find out how the providers compare in their performances. Find out: which provider proved to have superior scalability even for the largest virtual environments, how the competitors performed in SAN transport backup and high-VM-count environment backup and how you can prepare successfully for the unavoidable failures that occur in an enterprise business.
Traditional disaster recovery solutions cannot keep pace with business requirements for recovery speed and integrity at a reasonable cost. The high cost and complexity of mirroring solutions have forced most organizations to choose which workloads to protect. They can easily justify the expense of protecting the relatively small number of mission-critical server workloads such as customer-facing applications (online order processing, for example), but given budgetary constraints, it is harder to find sufficient funds to protect the more numerous business-critical and business-important workloads such as file servers and internal web servers.
Nippons business situation: BUSINESS SITUATION NLM wanted to be able to quickly and securely recover IT operations in case of a failure or disaster. With more than 100 vital systems, efficient backups were a prime necessity. Download this case study today
The Health Unit needs to provide continuous and secure access to online medical services, and must safeguard citizens’ health information held in its medical centers.
Databarracks wanted to provide better, faster, more reliable disaster recovery for customers—and at lower cost. This winning combination could provide a huge competitive advantage.
With trends towards increased competition and shrinking margins, an information advantage has emerged as key to maintaining and growing profit in the global financial services industry. • Today, financial services firms rely on data as the basis of their industry. • More important than the availability of data are the efficiency and effectiveness with which firms are able to scale and protect Big Data across multiple use cases • Every sector of the industry faces the tremendous challenge on a daily basis to neutralize inbound pressures and threats
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions.
· Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business
· IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies
· The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
If you're like most businesses, data loss is not an option. That's why you need a protection strategy for your VNX that includes backup. This whitepaper details the best options out there for enhanced data protection.
For backup to be protection of the last resort, it must reside on reliable and cost- effective protection storage.
With the industry's most efficient deduplication, you can store months of backups on disk and quickly recover the data you need when you need it.
Built-in data integrity protection includes end-to-end data verification, fault-detection and self-healing, and ensures recovery every time.
This whitepaper details how Protection Storage Architecture can provide a data protection platform that can evolve with business and technical requirements.
Over the next few years, IT will be faced with a new set of data protection challenges, centered on delivering multiple data protection services
Transformational architecture not only enables backup teams to solve immediate tactical challenges but also helps IT teams keep business applications running
Protection Storage Architecture has three core components: protection storage, data source integration and data management services
(Tags: data protection, storage architecture, integration, data management, recovery, backup)
- MCN to appoint first chief data officer as part of digital and tech-led c-suite overhaul
- From tactical overhead to strategic growth driver: B2B marketing in the digital age
- Sensis overhauls NPS framework
- 5 Adtech companies that have made the US$1bn Unicorn club
- Getting email marketing back on track: Identity Direct's story