Application availability is the name of the game for IT organisations. IDC research has determined that application downtime costs exceeding $100,000 per hour is the median, although that cost can run substantially higher for some organisations. Consequently, organisations are willing to invest considerable sums in availability solutions that avoid downtime and ensure smooth business operations.
This whitepaper discusses the data protection features offered by PowerVault DL4000 running AppAssure Data Protection software and describes how these features help in backup and recovery of the Microsoft UC&C applications. This white paper also describes the overall architecture of the data protection solution.
This infographic looks at the results from backup and recovery system testing done by Principled Technologies to find out how the providers compare in their performances. Find out: which provider proved to have superior scalability even for the largest virtual environments, how the competitors performed in SAN transport backup and high-VM-count environment backup and how you can prepare successfully for the unavoidable failures that occur in an enterprise business.
Traditional disaster recovery solutions cannot keep pace with business requirements for recovery speed and integrity at a reasonable cost. The high cost and complexity of mirroring solutions have forced most organizations to choose which workloads to protect. They can easily justify the expense of protecting the relatively small number of mission-critical server workloads such as customer-facing applications (online order processing, for example), but given budgetary constraints, it is harder to find sufficient funds to protect the more numerous business-critical and business-important workloads such as file servers and internal web servers.
Nippons business situation: BUSINESS SITUATION NLM wanted to be able to quickly and securely recover IT operations in case of a failure or disaster. With more than 100 vital systems, efficient backups were a prime necessity. Download this case study today
The Health Unit needs to provide continuous and secure access to online medical services, and must safeguard citizens’ health information held in its medical centers.
Databarracks wanted to provide better, faster, more reliable disaster recovery for customers—and at lower cost. This winning combination could provide a huge competitive advantage.
With trends towards increased competition and shrinking margins, an information advantage has emerged as key to maintaining and growing profit in the global financial services industry. • Today, financial services firms rely on data as the basis of their industry. • More important than the availability of data are the efficiency and effectiveness with which firms are able to scale and protect Big Data across multiple use cases • Every sector of the industry faces the tremendous challenge on a daily basis to neutralize inbound pressures and threats
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions.
· Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business
· IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies
· The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
If you're like most businesses, data loss is not an option. That's why you need a protection strategy for your VNX that includes backup. This whitepaper details the best options out there for enhanced data protection.
For backup to be protection of the last resort, it must reside on reliable and cost- effective protection storage.
With the industry's most efficient deduplication, you can store months of backups on disk and quickly recover the data you need when you need it.
Built-in data integrity protection includes end-to-end data verification, fault-detection and self-healing, and ensures recovery every time.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security