The following five recommendations provide a basis for managing mobile enterprise risks today and planning for the future.
After understanding the risks, organisations must determine what tools and techniques are available for mitigating them. This segment outlines the current state of mobile enterprise security, with the caveat that technology solutions and security practices are evolving quickly.
The fact of the matter is that security professionals don’t have a choice. They must determine how to manage mobile risks. The first step is to build a comprehensive understanding of those risks. Mobile computing poses the same types of risks as PCs and other computing models, albeit with a mobile twist.
In most organisations, mobile devices are used primarily for email, calendar, and contacts, which have typically been delivered on company-supplied BlackBerry devices. Increasingly, organisations are delivering these applications on consumer smartphones and tablets, mainly Apple® iOS devices, Android™ devices, and Microsoft® Windows® Phone devices. And they are also moving beyond email to an expanding array of mobile enterprise apps. Read more.
As more and more consumer devices connect to enterprise networks and store corporate data, risks continue to increase. Potentially devastating consequences include massive confidential data loss and ruinous security breaches. Security professionals can’t just ignore the risks or they’ll put their organisations in peril. But they also can’t say “no” or they’ll face the wrath of users and stand in the way of huge potential business benefits. The challenges may seem daunting, but the SBIC have put together this full report based on their discussions on balancing the risks and rewards of consumer devices to help you.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Check your Future Risk
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today