The following five recommendations provide a basis for managing mobile enterprise risks today and planning for the future.
After understanding the risks, organisations must determine what tools and techniques are available for mitigating them. This segment outlines the current state of mobile enterprise security, with the caveat that technology solutions and security practices are evolving quickly.
The fact of the matter is that security professionals don’t have a choice. They must determine how to manage mobile risks. The first step is to build a comprehensive understanding of those risks. Mobile computing poses the same types of risks as PCs and other computing models, albeit with a mobile twist.
In most organisations, mobile devices are used primarily for email, calendar, and contacts, which have typically been delivered on company-supplied BlackBerry devices. Increasingly, organisations are delivering these applications on consumer smartphones and tablets, mainly Apple® iOS devices, Android™ devices, and Microsoft® Windows® Phone devices. And they are also moving beyond email to an expanding array of mobile enterprise apps. Read more.
As more and more consumer devices connect to enterprise networks and store corporate data, risks continue to increase. Potentially devastating consequences include massive confidential data loss and ruinous security breaches. Security professionals can’t just ignore the risks or they’ll put their organisations in peril. But they also can’t say “no” or they’ll face the wrath of users and stand in the way of huge potential business benefits. The challenges may seem daunting, but the SBIC have put together this full report based on their discussions on balancing the risks and rewards of consumer devices to help you.
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.