- Deal in the works? BlackBerry delays Pakistan retreat by one month
- Flaws in Huawei WiMax routers won't be fixed, researcher says
- Data breach of toy maker VTech leaked photos of children, parents
- The week in security: Root-certificate stuff-ups send Dell, device makers scrambling
- Hackers taget toy maker VTech, make off with customer data
Cloud, identity management and enterprise mobility technologies can provide significant benefits for business efficiency and promote a collaborative workforce. However, it can often result in conflicts of interests between business heads and IT leaders, both who have different concerns and expectations on how to implement these solutions to benefit the company.
This whitepaper looks at how a collaborative approach can benefit both IT and business stakeholders, resulting in increased business flexibility and security. Included in this whitepaper are also 5 step by step considerations for both business and IT leaders to reap the benefits of these platforms by adopting synergistic strategies.
This paper showcases a sample reference configuration of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 database on Dell PowerEdge FX2, outlining how to design a Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V based reference architecture, and leverage the architecture for the SQL Server database alongside other workloads. It ensures high availability at all infrastructure tiers – compute, network, storage and database application. IT administrators and architects will learn the best practices in designing and implementing a virtualised infrastructure for Microsoft SQL Server database with Dell PowerEdge FX2.
Principled Technologies tested database performance of a four-year-old IBM System x3650 M3 server running Windows Server 2003 R3. They also looked at the database performance of two configurations of the Dell PowerEdge R730xd. Find out which configuration performed best in this full report.
Hands-on testing at Principled Technologies compared the performance of an HP ProLiant DL380 G7 and the Intel-powered Dell PowerEdge R730 in multiple configurations. Find out: how each performed in multiple configurations to show how resource upgrades can improve performance, how upgrading individual system components effected the overall server output, and which components businesses should focus attention on to scale up and meet application demands.
Written for SQL DBAs, IT Administrators and Architects responsible for the running SQL Database servers within their virtual infrastructures powered by Tintri VMstore™ storage appliances.
- Orion Health and Fujitsu Australia replace Queensland Health’s legacy middleware system
- Rhipe’s Stephen parker launches consultancy
- IBM pledges big changes as part of new One Channel partner programme
- Women represent only 28 per cent of the ICT workforce: study
- Kath Murphy joins Enghouse Interactive