- Apple confirms iPhone-killing “Error 53,” says it’s about security
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Internet Archive's malware museum takes you back to the days of cheeky viruses
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- As cloud rolls in, SunRice plants infrastructure seeds with security refresh
This whitepaper outlines new reference architecture for data warehouse optimisation to help organisations speed time to value, maximize productivity, lower costs and minimise risk. • Traditional data warehouse environments are overwhelmed by soaring volumes and varieties of data pouring in • An upgrade is not the most effective way to manage an excess of seldom-used data. To keep pace with exploding data volumes, the data warehouse itself needs to evolve. • One emerging strategy is data warehouse optimisation using Hadoop as an enterprise data hub to augment an existing warehouse infrastructure.
Big data is a major driver of change with its burgeoning size, sources, frequency of delivery, and diversity of structures. This report discusses how data warehouse architectures are evolving. - The adoption of advanced analytics and real-time operation influences data warehouse architectures - Given the rising complexity, DW architecture is more critical than ever in order to make sense of, govern, and optimize complicated multi-platform DWEs - Research was conducted via interviews with industry experts and leading-edge user companies