Unstructured data formats are much harder to search and analyse than databases or simple text. In this context, ‘big data’ is a challenge, not an advantage. This whitepaper looks at how you can apply a data-centric approach across diverse business areas and shows how, having cracked open the content of unstructured data, your organisation can develop processes and competencies that will reduce costs, improve efficiency and deliver new sources of business value.
This case study looks at how a large financial institution used a sensitive data finder to locate vendor contracts that employees had stored in difficult-to-search locations such as email and file shares. Read how they were able to efficiently search very rapidly across massive volumes of data, conduct complex searches without creating a permanent index to help the firm fine-tune its searches and improve detection accuracy for each system.
In most discussions today with SAP representatives, it’s very likely that the answer to almost any question that AD&D professionals ask is “SAP Hana.” Over time, this can build to a level of frustration, or even annoyance, for interested clients. However, there’s a good reason behind this. This whitepaper looks at the different use cases for SAP Hana, separates the hype from reality about the product and delves into how you build your SAP Hana road map to fully leverage your investment.
Business leaders are challenged to move their enterprises to the next level, that of digital business transformation. This whitepaper looks at how LOB executives at a crossroads are taking charge of their destiny, shares IDC's CIO agenda top 10 decision imperatives for 2015 as well some specific guidance for CIOs on each one of them.
This study examines the need for an integrated transactional and analytical data platform in order to process complex analytic queries as a harmonious data collection. The results of this study describes such a data platform, considers the kinds of technology options available in the market today, and projects future developments that will enhance this area of functionality.
Many organisations acknowledge they have a problem with excess complexity, and many have taken steps to better manage it. This whitepaper looks at the real and quantifiable business damage created by complexity today, how business managers are coping with these effects and how new technologies and development processes will drive simplification for the future.
IT complexity has become a serious business problem, and IT managers are taking steps to control it, according to the findings of a recent survey. This whitepaper looks at the negative impact IT complexity has had on businesses, how the top industry players are dealing with the burden and why winning in the digital transformation race means IT leaders must be ready to not just respond to business needs but anticipate them with new tools and approaches to simplification.
Today's IT leaders are faced with a decision: run the status quo or transform the IT infrastructure. This whitepaper looks at how IT executives can how can leverage hyperconverged systems to realise the most material benefits with the least disruption to people, process, and technology.
- IDC research highlights that more firms are deploying hyperconverged solutions to not only keep up with business objectives but also satisfy budget and operational demands
- Four major challenges companies looking to address: improving resource utilisation, staff productivity, disaster recovery and ensuring business agility
- The differences between reference architectures, integrated systems, and hyperconverged solutions in transformation strategies
Modern organizations are under intense pressure to provide accurate, reliable, and speedy financial information to business decision-makers. Furthermore, complying with global standards has become more of a headache than ever before.
How do you know if financial management in the cloud is right for you?
This data sheet takes an inside look at Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud Service, exploring key product features as well as financial management benefits your organization can realize quickly, including: Lower transaction processing costs and fewer data entry errors; Automated financial processing; Effective management control; Real-time visibility to financial results; Improved compliance; and more
Get everything you need to meet financial compliance and improve your bottom line.
Insights from the 2013 IBM Chief Information Security Officer Assessment which uncovered a set of leading business, technology and measurement practices that help to address the questions CISO's and security leaders have in managing diverse business concerns, creating mobile security policies and in fully integrating business, risk and security metrics.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE