In today’s 24/7 online environment IT continues to evolve, driven by cloud computing, big data, and mobility, offering endless opportunities for those that are responsive enough to provide quality service to customers in a timely manner. To maintain competitive advantage, organisations need to continually exploit gains from next generation IT infrastructure. To achieve this, IT Departments need to continually fine-tune platform strategy to achieve the best combination of on-premises and hosted capabilities.
Allegiant Travel is a ULTR-low cost airline that is transforming it's approach to customer service using big data and analytics, with a secret ingredient. Bryan O'Neill, Director of Data Architecture, has turned his airline into a 'technology company with wings', using high performing systems and real-time data + ACTION to pleasantly surprise their paying passengers. Got to the gate early? Enjoy that pop-up message on your phone for a discounted beverage at the bar. And he'll also be predicting your holiday choice based on your past actions, and those of your demographic cohort. Building his "cognitive business" was only possible with the massive $1.2M USD he saved by using IBM Systems (POWER8 servers and IBM FlashSystems). Exceeding the business results in a competitive marketplace was delivered with the best of IBM technology.
There are many factors driving the increasing complexity of IT today. The rapid adoption of cloud computing, big data and mobile device proliferation are making it harder for organizations to get their hands around IT, especially as the IT environment has expanded to include new sources of applications, infrastructure, and devices accessing corporate resources. As a result IT managers need new ways to effectively and efficiently manage and secure the environment, and ensure IT service and business success. This white paper describes the key characteristics of the changing environment and it identifies a new choice that IT managers have for meeting the growing set of management challenges.
Telecom Service Providers are now able to turn the avalanche of data they have into valuable business insights. These insights play an integral role to help telcos achieve business objectives and promote growth. This whitepaper looks at the 4 key big case data uses for telcos from customer experience management, to network optimisation, operational analytics and data monetisation.
Supply chain quality has been the holy grail of manufacturing as issues in this area would impact the customer's experience and create negative repercussions for a company's bottom line. Find out how the enterprise data hub helped an organisation save $15-25 million based on its ability to identify and address supply chain issues in near real time.
With fraud costing the property and casualty industry $30 billion each year in the US alone, reducing fraud opportunities will contribute to a company's bottom line immediately and reduce risk exposure. Find out in this case study how a company is able to have real time access to 60 plus years of adjuster claim notes data and how they were able to enhance their warehouse environment.
Remote support solutions today comprises more than remote control for PCs. With globalisation of companies, the workforce is now more mobile than ever which translates to an increased variety of devices being used.
This whitepaper looks at results from a 2015 survey showing trends of this market, showing more than 70% of surveyed businesses are adopting a remote support solution and nearly 50% have allocated budgets for this purpose in the next financial year.
A client survey reveals that customers now want more options from their support providers and are also more inclined to stay with their current provider if the level of customer support caters to expectations.
Find out why service providers should be focusing on analytics to drive performance improvements to provide a well-rounded proactive approach to support client needs, why it's important to introduce mechanisms for end users to share user experiences and why leveraging on this information is key to implementing change.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms