With a rapidly changing economy creating both opportunities and risks for almost every business, it’s critical that companies effectively manage this change. To help with that effort, here are 30 best practices, organised into five higher-level categories that are designed to help businesses manage change.
This white paper examines some of the forces behind rising adoption of cloud-based solutions, explores how cloud architectures impact data centres and discusses a series of concrete practices and technologies that can help companies collect the benefits of cloud computing without compromising uptime or overwhelming their power and cooling systems.
This whitepaper looks at the best practices for protecting sensitive business information while enabling productivity from anywhere. You'll find:
•10 key points to consider with mobility covering security, user experience IT operations and BYOD •How to deliver the seamless, convenient mobile access that people expect •Which comprehensive capabilities you should be looking for in a provider
This Best Practices Guide for running VMware vCenter™ Site Recovery Manager™ (SRM) on Tintri VMstore™ systems is intended to assist Data Protection and Disaster Recovery (DR) Administrators, IT Administrators and Architects who are responsible for deploying and managing DR strategies within their virtual infrastructures powered by Tintri VMstore storage appliances. This guide focuses specifically on SRM 5.8 – and therefore all instructions and screenshots focus on the vSphere Web Client – although the Tintri Storage Replication Adapter (SRA) supports SRM 5.5 as well.
This Best Practices Guide for running SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups on Tintri VMstoreTM systems is intended to assist SQL DBAs, IT Administrators and Architects who are responsible for deploying and managing clustered Microsoft SQL Database servers within their virtual infrastructures powered by Tintri VMstore storage appliances.
Veeam Backup and Replication solution is designed for virtual machine DR. Tintri VMstores are designed from the ground-up for virtualization. These two solutions complement each other in terms of protecting a virtual data center. Tintri’s SnapVM, CloneVM, and ReplicateVM work hand-in-hand with Veeam’s Backup and Replication to provide a comprehensive data protection and disaster recovery solution to meet the needs of varied virtualized environments. Tintri’s ReplicateVM can also protect VMs and Veeam backup infrastructure VMs and repositories by replicating backup repository hosts to a separate Tintri VMstore efficiently.
VDP Advanced is a really efficient and effective backup solution on a Tintri VMstore. The in-line deduplication and compression technology of VDP for backups provides additional storage savings. When backups are stored on a VDP Appliance, VDP Advanced has the built-in intelligence to choose the optimal restore technology (CBT restore/full VM restore) for restoring VMs.
Tintri VMstores with CommVault Simpana software solution is a strong combination for providing data protection of virtual machines locally and remotely. CommVault Simpana deduplication solution is very efficient and only stores unique changed block for backups. Tintri VMstores are designed, from the ground up, for hosting virtual machines. In addition, SnapVM, CloneVM, and ReplicateVM can ensure that virtual machines and application servers are protected locally and across data centers.
Recent highly publicized breaches involving sophisticated attacks and high-profile targets has elevated awareness of Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) to unprecedented levels. This has left many organizations struggling to understand the risk APTs present to them and how best to protect themselves.
For organizations concerned with APTs, and advanced threats in general, SIEM is a critical component of a defense-in-depth architecture.
Of those organizations that are able to detect attacks, more than 23% experienced 2 to 5 breaches or significant attacks in the past two years. Visibility holds the key to improved detection and response capabilities. Organizations need to understand their environment and what constitutes normal and abnormal behavior, train staff on how to use analytic tools and define the data they need to collect.
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE