This infographic looks at the results from backup and recovery system testing done by Principled Technologies to find out how the providers compare in their performances. Find out: which provider proved to have superior scalability even for the largest virtual environments, how the competitors performed in SAN transport backup and high-VM-count environment backup and how you can prepare successfully for the unavoidable failures that occur in an enterprise business.
The proliferation of 3rd Platform computing, characterized by mobile, social media, big data/analytics, and cloud workloads, is driving significant change in data protection requirements. This whitepaper looks at: why disk (not tape)-based data protection has become the new standard, how PBBA’s can offer advantages over the “do it yourself” integration that have been popular in the past and the 5 key trends that have led to the rapid market growth of PBBAs.
Managing your data center means more than just keeping your server workloads running; it also means protecting these workloads. After all, servers are costly: You incur physical costs, such as capital, power and cooling costs, as well as software licensing and support costs. If your servers are worth all this expense, they’re worth protecting from unexpected downtime.
Multicolor, Steel designs, manufactures and installs, pre-fabricated buildings, and metal roofing and wall systems. The company serves a large number of clients in the private and public sectors and reports annual revenue of more than US$34 million.
As Multicolor Steel expanded its operations, the company wanted to guarantee that it could rapidly and fully recover critical business information in the event of a system failure.
Backup and recovery today can be very cumbersome, time-consuming and expensive to support and deploy, due to the assortment of backup systems and data protection products in the IT environment. Discover how Symantec NetBackup Appliance can help you achieve greater cost-savings through this NetBackup Appliance Savings Calculator, so that you can better allocate your resources and concentrate on transforming your business.
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions.
· Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business
· IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies
· The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
Top 5 reasons why EMC for archiving This whitepaper provides the top five reasons why organisations looking for the best-of-breed archive software and protection storage for a true end-to-end archive solution. · Archiving inactive data from tier-1 storage is a key way to save big
· Eliminate siloes for administration savings, while maximising overall storage efficiency, typically reducing archive and backup capacity required by 10-30x.
· Archiving solution that allows you to add virtual and physical servers to meet new demands
If you're like most businesses, data loss is not an option. That's why you need a protection strategy for your VNX that includes backup. This whitepaper details the best options out there for enhanced data protection.
For backup to be protection of the last resort, it must reside on reliable and cost- effective protection storage.
With the industry's most efficient deduplication, you can store months of backups on disk and quickly recover the data you need when you need it.
Built-in data integrity protection includes end-to-end data verification, fault-detection and self-healing, and ensures recovery every time.
This whitepaper details how Protection Storage Architecture can provide a data protection platform that can evolve with business and technical requirements.
Over the next few years, IT will be faced with a new set of data protection challenges, centered on delivering multiple data protection services
Transformational architecture not only enables backup teams to solve immediate tactical challenges but also helps IT teams keep business applications running
Protection Storage Architecture has three core components: protection storage, data source integration and data management services
(Tags: data protection, storage architecture, integration, data management, recovery, backup)
This whitepaper focuses on IDC research into twelve different organisations the benefits of relying on a consolidated approach to protecting backup and archive data.
These interviews provided valuable insight into the realized benefits of an integrated data protection strategy
IDC analyzed the data from three interviews and compared the results with data and insights from nine other interviews conducted previously
Customer benefits realized include strong ROI and annual savings, IT staff productivity optimization, and end-user productivity improvement
- Microsoft fixes 36 flaws in IE, Edge, Office, Windows, .NET Framework
- Facebook has just 60 days to change its terms and conditions for French users
- Coming to HP's consumer laptops: Smoother video with AMD's FreeSync
- Obama’s cybersecurity agenda bold, but relies on untested funding, experts say
- Microsoft delivers Office 2016 to subscribers on the slow train
- Maxus Worldwide launches new marketing tech consultancy
- Cricket Australia deploys Prime Focus Technologies solution to manage digital content assets
- Why big data is the capital driving the digital age
- 8 ways to avoid fads, gimmicks and shiny martech toys
- What the hell is the difference between ad tech and marketing tech?