- Re-used crypto keys expose millions of devices to attack
- Lenovo patches serious vulnerabilities in PC system update tool
- SAFECode: How to ensure you’re buying safe software
- Game on: two more crypto-ransomware threats for Linux web servers emerge
- This gizmo knows your Amex card number before you've received it
This Tintri Best Practices Guide for Backup and Recovery will assist individuals who are responsible for the design, deployment, and DR of Tintri VMstore™ Systems. This document will discuss best practices for deploying Symantec NetBackup for data protection leveraging vStorage APIs for Data Protection (VADP) for backups. It also discusses the use of Tintri’s SnapVM™, CloneVM™ and ReplicateVM™ features to complement data protection of virtual machines and critical applications hosted on Tintri’s VMstores with Symantec NetBackup.
Backup and recovery has become an essential element of data protection. The availability and integrity of data can directly impact revenues, profits, and company reputations. The people, process and infrastructure involved can also affect key business initiatives. This whitepaper explains the real challenges of traditional architecture, and why protection storage architecture might be the solution.
This whitepaper discusses best practice in data protection monitoring, with a focus on recoverability and visibility as significant drivers for success. Whether backing up a private cloud or several smaller environments, learn how a unified view is necessary for proactively reporting protection, compliance to auditors, and understanding overall data protection health, performance, and reliability.
Virtualization affords organizations multiple opportunities to reduce power, optimize hardware utilization, improve application availability and ultimately drive down costs. In light of its benefits, it is no surprise that virtualization penetration has surpassed 50% of all server workloads and continues to grow. In this guide, we evaluate prominent virtual server backup software solutions and identify their strengths and weaknesses.
The enterprise backup and recovery software market is, as ever, in a state of flux as more and more I&O professionals grow tired of traditional backup methods. From missed backup windows to slow or failed recoveries, many firms are weary of the constant battle with their backup software and are looking for a change. In this whitepaper, we detail where different enterprise backup and recovery software vendors stand in relation to each other.
It’s high time we tamed the monster we created! Against a backdrop of sustained and uncontrollable data growth, most of today’s operational problems revolve around backup and recovery. Understanding the hidden costs and implications for data protection strategies is critical, but the complexity of the nebulous and amorphous cloud can make everything hazy. This white paper breaks it down to different dimensions of virtualisation and how to deliver the productivity and flexibility it promises.
- CMO’s top 10 martech stories this week
- How content, personalisation and product fit into REA Group's new marketing strategy
- AANA and IAB Australia launch new native advertising best practice guidelines
- Report reveals advertising viewability in Australia lower than any other country
- Aussies use connected home devices for consuming content but demand authenticity