As one of the world’s leading unified communications solution vendors, Microsoft has high expectations for the performance and robustness of the IT infrastructure on which its Microsoft Lync application runs. So when it came time to roll out Lync voice and video services over Wi-Fi at Microsoft’s own headquarters in Redmond, Washington, the bar was set high. Very high. Learn more.
Use of more mobile devices and hence more mobile applications at work create an ever-changing number of challenges for wireless network administrators and engineers. With smartphones, tablets and latest generation of laptops entering the workplace, a wide variety of smartphones and tablets access the network, almost always using Wi-Fi as the preferred – and sometimes the only – way to connect. Find out more about the New Normal of Wi-Fi Networking.
The Wireless LAN (WLAN) market will become your primary network access layer – this is inevitable in most enterprises. Use Info-Tech’s research to help you choose the solution best suited to your needs. Download now.
Rapid and escalating growth in demand for wireless connectivity is fast becoming a major issue in large enterprises, putting ever more pressure on Wi-Fi infrastructures already creaking under the strain. Pressure that, in turn, has implications when it comes to business agility, productivity and, ultimately, profitability. Read more.
The recent release of the Firesheep Wi-Fi attack tool has increased awareness among both users and attackers of the inherent insecurity of unprotected HTTP connections. Users on unprotected networks who connect to web sites through plain HTTP connections expose their connections to those sites to open surveillance and full compromise. Read on.
Before Wi-Fi protocol analyzers, administrators and consultants alike were only able to troubleshoot by continually reviewing the network design of and device operation within the network infrastructure. With the introduction of Wi-Fi protocol analyzers, these professionals had the equivalent of RF goggles. They could now see what was happening and could reactively troubleshoot problems. Read on.
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing