With costly primary storage rapidly filling up (and slowing down), the need to migrate data into a more cost-effective storage tier is clear. This whitepaper looks at: how IT professionals can reconcile with today’s constrained budgets while still growing their storage availability, how to optimise storage by moving infrequently-accessed data from expensive storage to lower cost secondary storage, and how to address data loss in the storage optimisation process
The pace at which server and storage technology is advancing, particularly in the area of virtualisation, has left large gaps in knowledge among general IT departments. This whitepaper looks at: how to simplify the process of choosing and deploying a storage system in a fast moving IT marketplace, why storage is often viewed as a minor consideration within the infrastructure and why this should change, and lastly, which common factors cause poor performance and inefficient storage design
Storage remains the primary obstacle to accelerating virtualization growth. Tintri VMstore allows you to overcome the complexity, performance, and cost obstacles that prevent virtualization of more of your computing infrastructure. Tintri VMstore, with its innovative VM-aware file system, leverages cost-effective MLC flash to deliver high performance in a remarkable small footprint that can scale incrementally to meet growing needs. Tintri’s file system uses deduplication, compression, snapshots, clones and thin provisioning to provide the unparalleled VM density required for deploying virtual infrastructures.
Tintri smart storage addresses the mismatch between storage and the demands of virtualization. Built on the industry’s first and leading intelligent application-aware architecture, VMstore and Tintri Global Center have the intelligence to deliver unparalleled performance and efficiency and end-to-end insights into the infrastructure, while allowing for unmatched VM control.
Data is growing at a tremendous rate, and organisations of every type rely on the timely retrieval of information to facilitate transaction and decision making. Processing powers are also expanding, now equipped with storage efficiency technologies that help simplify the many IT challenges that companies are facing. This white paper describes how proper simple storage efficiency features help you leverage daily storage, maximise capacity and performance optimisation, while reducing power consumption and total cost.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Jetstar talks 'How To' on collaboration tools and PwC plan & refine your collaboration journey | Save your seat today
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.