- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- White-hat hackers key to securing connected cars
- Roses are red, violets are blue, hand over your cash or I promise we're through
- Heightened security threat could follow Dallas Buyers Club anti-piracy defeat
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
In Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) architectures, all infrastructure—including compute, storage, and networking—is virtualized, pooled, and delivered on demand. The agility and flexibility of the SDDC enables enterprises to drive innovation, accelerate business velocity, establish competitive advantage, and reduce overall IT costs. This infographic shows the critical role that VMware NSX network virtualization plays in the SDDC to help enterprises achieve exceptional speed, agility, security, and economics.
This whitepaper reviews the underlying pressures on server architecture and highlights the need for architects to open their lenses and consider alternatives to the standard 19-inch rack server that dominates enterprise deployments today.
This e-book describes a hypothetical company as it reviews its traditional approach to WAN design and how it evolves its practices to meet their goals. This e-book includes a summary of the key components to WAN, 10 key architecture and design considerations and how businesses can grow their network while controlling costs and maintaining security.
This whitepaper describes the Dell Wyse Datacenter for VMware Horizon View Reference Architecture scaling from 50 to 50,000+ virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) users. And it describes solution options encompass a combination of solution models including local disks, iSCSI or Fibre Channel based storage options. This document addresses the architecture design, configuration and implementation considerations for the key components of the architecture required to deliver virtual desktops via VMware Horizon View on VMware vSphere 5.
Companies with limited IT staff and budget are looking for simple, integrated and validated architectures. Dell and VMware have teamed to provide a converged infrastructure solution to meet these requirements. The solution is tested, validated and supported by Dell, providing customers a single trusted partner that can streamline procurement and services. To simplify deployment, Dell and VMware deliver a validated reference architecture.
Design and deploy a virtualised Microsoft SharePoint solution for up to 5,000 users on PowerEdge R630 with Hyper-V. This reference architecture guide provides enterprise application virtualisation design principles and best practices for high availability at every layer of the deployment: infrastructure, hypervisor and application. You'll also find information regarding hardware abstraction, resource consolidation, hardware and networking components, high-level technical specifications and deployment verification.
This whitepaper discusses the need for an application delivery controller that addresses new and traditional challenges present in highly dynamic enterprise cloud architecture.
· The ever-present budgetary pressures to do more with less means the foundation for stronger security must be built using existing data centre infrastructure
· One particular ADC delivers an extensive portfolio of essential data centre security capabilities
· The net result is a strong foundation for next-generation data centre security that is also cost effective
This whitepaper gives an overview of how FlexCast Services constructed and demonstrated an efficient way of delivering Windows applications to remote users. •Look at a conceptual architecture created by FlexCast Services to meet the desired project objectives •Find a breakdown of the detailed architecture based on a standardised five-layer model •See a recommendation for a prescribed roadmap to getting the bed out of a XenApp client
Written for SQL DBAs, IT Administrators and Architects responsible for the running SQL Database servers within their virtual infrastructures powered by Tintri VMstore™ storage appliances.
Built on the industry's first and leading application-aware storage architecture, Tintri Vmstore delivers performance for thousands of VMs with sub-millisecond latencies using a patented hybrid flash and disk storage architecture. This technical paper discusses how Tintri FlashFirst Design including VM-level QoS works and how it makes virtualization simple, predictable, and efficient.
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- Forrester: Marketers using an average of 5 social channels for marketing
- Innovation challenge results in new customer ordering app prototype for Village Cinemas
- CMO interview: The new digital travel experience
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 11 February
- Cronulla Sharks tackles marketing automation