There is no such thing as a data recession and no end in sight for the amount of data that will need to be stored and protected for longer periods of time. Magnetic tape media (tape) is a data storage technology that has been routinely declared dead over the past couple of decades. With recently released tape roadmaps along with product enhancements, it is safe to say there is plenty of life left in this important data storage medium that enables more inactive data to be stored in a cost effective manner.
The Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) set out to solve the backup and restore challenges created by expanding data volumes. When IT staff saw how Quantum’s DXi deduplication appliance reduced backup times by 20 hours, enabled restores in minutes, and saved 50 percent in tape media purchases, ACER bought a second unit for disaster recovery protection. Read on.
Data protection is the very foundation on top of which we have confidence in digital data, and protecting data takes no less than one of the most complex sets of features found in any storage solution. But the challenges haven’t discouraged innovation, and in fact a major innovation – data deduplication – has brought a whole new generation of storage vendors into the field of data protection. Read more about Quantum.
Data Deduplication For Dummies, Quantum 2nd Special Edition, discusses the methods and rationale for reducing the amount of duplicate data maintained by your organisation. This book is intended to provide you with the information you need to understand how data deduplication can make a meaningful impact on your organization’s data management.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- REGISTER NOW! The TCS Global Insights Knowledge Sharing Program is up and running. Feb-May. Sydney.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- CSO Live Webcast: Hear from KuppingerCole Analysts and ForgeRock on User-Managed Access. Register now
- INSIGHTS: The State of Cloud Storage & Collaboration 2016 - Take this 5 min survey and you could WIN a $500 Visa gift card : START SURVEY NOW