Work 2.0: The Shift to Virtualisation Is On
This executive brief examines how organisations are maximising their resources and leveraging an increasingly virtual workforce that can function effectively whenever or wherever the work needs to get done—whether that’s in a client’s office, from home, on the floor of a hospital, in a temporary trailer on a project site, or in a factory site located across an ocean—and gain access to their desktops and applications even if they switch from one device or location to another.
The Pillar Axiom 600 system was designed from the ground up to deliver business-critical, deterministic Quality of Service (QoS) consistent with the business value of the application and its data. It eliminates the requirement to overbuy and underutilize storage to buffer against application interference in a multi-tenancy shared storage system. This allows organizations to buy the capacity they need, scale when needed, and conserve capital in the process—all while delivering consistent performance under load. Read more. Download whitepaper »
In Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) architectures, all infrastructure—including compute, storage, and networking—is virtualized, pooled, and delivered on demand. The agility and flexibility of the SDDC enables enterprises to drive innovation, accelerate business velocity, establish competitive advantage, and reduce overall IT costs. This infographic shows the critical role that VMware NSX network virtualization plays in the SDDC to help enterprises achieve exceptional speed, agility, security, and economics. Download whitepaper »
Nemertes’ annual study on IP Telephony/Unified Communications real-world Total Cost of Ownership finds organizations spending less on their on-premises IP telephony and UC deployments driven by competition between vendors and by improved knowledge among IT staffs. This paper provides the details on how vendor selection impacts ROI. Download whitepaper »
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- FBI Director entreats tech firms to release encrypted data used in crimes and terror
- World's largest solar plant goes live; will provide power for 1.1M people
- Carriers celebrate as Telecommunications Act of 1996 turns 20
- Obama’s new cybersecurity agenda: What you need to know
- Maxus Worldwide launches new marketing tech consultancy
- Cricket Australia deploys Prime Focus Technologies solution to manage digital content assets
- Why big data is the capital driving the digital age
- 8 ways to avoid fads, gimmicks and shiny martech toys
- What the hell is the difference between ad tech and marketing tech?