- Senate orders release of Coalition's NBN review
- Spies offered to share info about Aussies
- .xxx to launch porn search engine
- Brandis quizzed over PM's understanding of metadata
- Encrypted social network vies for disgruntled WhatsApp, Facebook users
Yahoo in pictures
Yahoo has acquired Ptch, the startup behind a mobile app that allowed users to combine photos and video on their phones into movies, and the service will shut down by January.
Yahoo has acquired SkyPhrase, a natural language processing startup, in a move that could improve Yahoo's ability to make sense of user queries and commands across any number of Yahoo products.
Yahoo has been hiring hotshot journalists to boost its news cred, and Monday's addition of Katie Couric could help with the company's efforts to reinvigorate itself. But it has to get the content just right.
More than six years after the first iPhones hit the streets and more than three years after the iPad emerged, less than half of IT operations have implemented comprehensive mobile strategies.
Gartner analyst Allessandro Perilli recently attended his first summit for the open source cloud platform OpenStack and he says the project has a long way to go before it's truly an enterprise-grade platform.
Question-and-answer sites like Yahoo Answers may offer a quick way to ask questions and get answers, but they tend to be plagued by wisecracks, poor spelling, and generally low quality. On the other hand, a new site targeting this niche, Quora, is going to great lengths to keep quality high.
After a year with Marissa Mayer at the helm, Yahoo is no longer seen as a 'dead company walking,' according to one analyst.
The Senate immigration bill's H-1B restrictions have clearly upset Indian firms. But sometimes being in a tough spot can prompt new ways of approaching problems. One firm is implementing software robots.
Google laid out its plan for the future of search at Google I/O, talking about a search engine for mobile and desktop that not only answers your questions but has a conversation with you and offers information before you even ask for it.
With Facebook's new search service out in the open, the social network seems to be on a collision course with search giant Google.
The first half of 2012 was pretty bad - from the embarrassing hack of a conversation between the FBI and Scotland Yard to a plethora of data breaches - and the second half wasn't much better, with events including Symantec's antivirus update mess and periodic attacks from hactivists at Anonymous.
The first response of many IT organisations to the influx of consumer-grade and employee-owned mobile devices has been to lock down and control every mobile device in the enterprise through mobile device management (MDM) solutions. Yet, the transformation of computing through mobility, consumerisation, bring-your-own device (BYOD) and flex-work offers powerful benefits for today’s organisations - but it poses significant challenges for IT. Download now to find out what is the best approach for mobility management.
Publisher's notes: SoftPerfect Network Protocol Analyzer is an advanced, professional tool for analyzing, debugging, maintaining and monitoring local networks and Internet connections. It captures the ...
Think back to the last time all your employees were in the office, at their desks, on the same day. It’s no surprise that you might struggle, between travel and off-site meetings, remote staff, flexible schedules and sick days. In today's competitive business climate, organisations need to maintain productivity and connectedness with their staff, despite not always being onsite. In this whitepaper, we look at five ways you can improve productivity, no matter where employees are.
- Black Friday bargains prompt consumers to self-gift iPad Air
- Republicans: HealthCare.gov shows government incompetence
- Georgia Tech researcher flags flaw in open-source vets health system
- Story time: Researchers picture way better password memory scheme
- Joyent polishes Node.js with commercial support package
- Gaining efficiency around search-based marketing: REA Group's keyword quest
- Why customer demographics aren't telling marketers the whole digital story
- IAB and Nielsen launch mobile advertising audience measurement pilot
- Ernst & Young: Businesses must prepare for end to 'golden age' of customer data
- Yahoo buys SkyPhrase to better understand natural language