- Over 100,000 devices can be used to amplify DDoS attacks via multicast DNS
- Palo Alto service to flag particularly evil security attacks
- Obama authorizes sanctions against hackers
- Middle-Eastern 'Volatile Cedar' cyberattack breached western defence firms
- Google cracks down on ad-injecting Chrome extensions
wireless networking - News, Features, and Slideshows
Wireless vendors are pushing the 802.11ac standard because it offers the fastest Wi-Fi speeds yet, but most Australian businesses can afford to wait another year before upgrading their Wi-Fi networks, according to analysts.
Drones, robots, high-altitude balloons and low-altitude satellites are all envisioned to provide fifth-generation (5G) wireless connections as early as 2020, according to recent FCC filings from 55 companies, including Google, Samsung, Intel and Qualcomm.
LAS VEGAS -- AT&T announced on Monday a developer tool that enables technology called Enhanced WebRTC to provide voice and video calls between browsers without the need for a plug-in.
Ericsson announced wireless technology today at International CES that's designed to improve coverage and speed for bandwidth-hungry smartphone applications such as streaming video.
The new Levi's Stadium, home of the San Francisco 49ers, is deploying new wireless beacon technology to help fans use a special stadium navigation app on their smartphones and other devices.
Apple told developers that the first update to OS Yosemite will include changes to Wi-Fi, a hopeful sign for customers who have reported that the new OS crippled their Internet connections.
Verizon Wireless beat out the other three national carriers for overall network performance, reliability and speed in the first half of 2014, according to an analysis by RootMetrics released Tuesday.
As promised by its new CEO, Sprint announced late Monday it will lower its shared data plans to prices below those offered by other national carriers starting on Friday.
Google, Microsoft and Facebook are cranking up an emerging wireless technology known as Wi-FAR to help reduce the digital divide in remote and unconnected regions of the world.
New York start-up goTenna has created a portable antenna that could come in handy when cellular service is unavailable.
Cisco says small cell technology is primed for explosive growth as it plans to connect 3G and LTE cellular networks to Wi-Fi access points that are already widely deployed in many enterprise facilities.
RootMetrics gives Verizon Wireless a big thumbs-up in its latest biannual ranking of wireless network performance in U.S. cities.
Gone, at least potentially, are the days of salespeople having to lug around a 4-pound projector to make presentations to potential customers.
Amtrak is exploring ways it can upgrade the on-board Wi-Fi on its Acela trains between Washington and Boston, now notoriously poor for passengers, especially during rush-hour travel.
In an effort to fundamentally change the way it will communicate with future deep space missions, NASA will use a laser beam to send a video from the International Space Station to Earth on Thursday.
- 5 for 15: Sumal Karunanayake, ForgeRock senior vice-president Asia-Pacific and Japan
- 5 for 15: Todd Parsons, Avaya Australia and New Zealand channel director
- Aussie appetite for fast broadband proves to be insatiable
- Dicker Data partners NEXTDC to provide "affordable" Cloud solutions
- There should be a ‘when, not if’ approach to security issues in the channel: LogRhythm
- Target: Emotional social vital to customer experience management
- CMO Interview: What it takes to be a smart marketing chief
- How NPS has helped NIB keep customers
- Report reveals obstacle to better customer service is organisational, not technical
- Stackla and Hootsuite partner to launch new social media integration