- Plex hacker demands Bitcoin ransom for return of data
- Telcos, government agencies least trusted to protect Australians' privacy
- Australia is world's fourth-largest holder of network-security patents, analysis finds
- How a burglar can make a copy of your door key, from a Facebook picture
- Private I: Hijacked DNS puts iOS virtual private networks at slight risk
wireless mobility - News, Features, and Slideshows
When the flood waters lapped at the doors of PresCare facilities in Brisbane recently, the organisation’s IT department was determined its seven years of hard work would not be lost forever. Having a disaster recovery plan, it turned out, proved vital for the aged care provider, which is run by the Presbyterian Church, in managing the effects of the Queensland floods.
The University of Adelaide is ditching paper-based textbooks in favour of iPads and will hand out free devices to students enrolling in a science degree in 2011, claiming the new Apple tablets will revolutionise the way science is taught at the institution.
Telstra today unveiled plans to release the fastest mobile broadband modem in the world, capable of reaching peak network downlink speeds of 21 megabits per second (Mbps).
United Parcel Service is testing a new ruggedized mobile computer in its trucks that can wirelessly log departure and arrival times and provide managers with data on vehicle speed and idle times.
- UXC Oxygen appoints Craig Stevenson as business manager
- Ransomware in Australia has seen a steady growth in the past six months: Bitdefender
- Canon opens the doors on new headquarters in Brisbane (+14 photos)
- Gartner explains how businesses can simplify the mid-market datacentre
- Cisco launches Internet of Everything Innovation Centre in WA