wireless mobility - News, Features, and Slideshows
When the flood waters lapped at the doors of PresCare facilities in Brisbane recently, the organisation’s IT department was determined its seven years of hard work would not be lost forever. Having a disaster recovery plan, it turned out, proved vital for the aged care provider, which is run by the Presbyterian Church, in managing the effects of the Queensland floods.
The University of Adelaide is ditching paper-based textbooks in favour of iPads and will hand out free devices to students enrolling in a science degree in 2011, claiming the new Apple tablets will revolutionise the way science is taught at the institution.
Telstra today unveiled plans to release the fastest mobile broadband modem in the world, capable of reaching peak network downlink speeds of 21 megabits per second (Mbps).
United Parcel Service is testing a new ruggedized mobile computer in its trucks that can wirelessly log departure and arrival times and provide managers with data on vehicle speed and idle times.
- Raiders change strip to support cancer research
- Chromebook sales up 27 per cent to 7.3 million units: Gartner
- Federal Government foreshadows changes to spectrum pricing and allocation
- Seventy per cent of Australian small businesses predict growth in year ahead
- OWASP releases new security standards for app developers
- Woolworths customer leader, Jess Gill, departs, following CMO out the door
- The old billboard gets the flick as digital OOH advertising takes over
- Ad tech vendors offer new capabilities for customer targeting
- Markets to Metrics: The changing role of the CMO
- How Tesco's loyalty card transformed customer data tracking