wireless carriers - News, Features, and Slideshows
Sprint held on -- barely -- as the nation's third-largest carrier in the first quarter of 2015, with T-Mobile continuing in fourth place.
Project Fi, Google's Wi-Fi and cellular network service announced Wednesday, can variously be described as low-cost, disruptive, cutting edge, tantalizing, confusing, even awesome.
Sprint on Friday will open retail operations in 1,435 RadioShack stores that were recently acquired by General Wireless as a result of a RadioShack bankruptcy action.
Sprint plans to add more than 540 jobs and 115 stores in the Chicago area along with its first LTE-Advanced upgrade in the nation. LTE Advanced has the potential of delivering 100 Mbps wireless download speeds.
Sprint today announced a turnkey wired and wireless communications service for small- and medium-sized companies that will cost $200 a month per worker.
What do you use a smartphone for most? For its data, of course. So we set out for the second year in a row to find out which mobile service provider gives you the most comprehensive and reliable data network coverage, the fastest upload and download speeds, and overall, the most bang for the buck.
Sprint's new lower-priced shared data plan sounds ambitious, but analysts say it doesn't go far enough and won't address the carrier's network performance sore spot.
With reports out this week that Sprint and T-Mobile US are planning to announce a $32 billion merger this summer, two big questions linger: Would federal regulators approve the deal? And would T-Mobile CEO John Legere run the combined company?
AT&T's apparent interest in DirecTV is only the latest move by the wireless carrier to expand into just about every wired and wireless market it can.
Apple is expected Wednesday to confirm Wall Street's fears, that iPad sales growth not only slackened in the March quarter, but reversed course with fewer of the iconic tablets sold than the year before.
- Raiders change strip to support cancer research
- Chromebook sales up 27 per cent to 7.3 million units: Gartner
- Federal Government foreshadows changes to spectrum pricing and allocation
- Seventy per cent of Australian small businesses predict growth in year ahead
- OWASP releases new security standards for app developers
- Woolworths customer leader, Jess Gill, departs, following CMO out the door
- The old billboard gets the flick as digital OOH advertising takes over
- Ad tech vendors offer new capabilities for customer targeting
- Markets to Metrics: The changing role of the CMO
- How Tesco's loyalty card transformed customer data tracking