- Abandoned subdomains pose security risk for businesses
- 4 Security Tips for Apple Pay Users
- What you need to know about new zero day that hits most supported Windows versions
- Australian businesses “struggling” to stay ahead of cloud, mobile security risk
- Vietnam police hunt hackers behind mass outage
Windows Event Viewer scam - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Microsoft at a loss over Event Viewer scam
- Windows Event Viewer phishing scam remains active
- Event Viewer scam still targeting Australians: Police
A cold calling scam called Windows Event Viewer or `eventvwr’ is still targeting Australians, five years on from Computerworld Australia’s 2009 investigation.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is warning Australians to hang up on scammers who claim to offer smartphone and tablet tech support services.
As the year winds down, it’s time to look back at some of the financial scams that targeted Australians in 2013.
Australians are being warned to hang up on telemarketers who phone up and claim that their computer has a virus.
Microsoft Australia has admitted an inability to effectively shut down an Indian-based telemarketing scam which offers users of its Windows operating system virus protection.