- Namecheap says accounts compromised in hacking incident
- Why hackers may be stealing your credit card numbers for years
- After celeb hack, Apple patches password guessing weakness in iCloud
- iCloud flaw may have allowed nude celebrity photos to leak
- East Midlands Ambulance Service loses patient data again
Windows Event Viewer scam - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Windows Event Viewer phishing scam remains active
- Microsoft at a loss over Event Viewer scam
- Event Viewer scam still targeting Australians: Police
A cold calling scam called Windows Event Viewer or `eventvwr’ is still targeting Australians, five years on from Computerworld Australia’s 2009 investigation.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is warning Australians to hang up on scammers who claim to offer smartphone and tablet tech support services.
As the year winds down, it’s time to look back at some of the financial scams that targeted Australians in 2013.
Australians are being warned to hang up on telemarketers who phone up and claim that their computer has a virus.
Microsoft Australia has admitted an inability to effectively shut down an Indian-based telemarketing scam which offers users of its Windows operating system virus protection.