- Twitter adds more reporting tools to curb abuse and improve safety
- Is fragmentation killing Android in the enterprise?
- New Forescout CEO wants to make partners an offer they can't refuse
- Some Bitdefender products break HTTPS certificate revocation
- Kaspersky Lab unveils cybersecurity startup accelerator
Windows Event Viewer scam - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Windows Event Viewer phishing scam remains active
- Microsoft at a loss over Event Viewer scam
- Event Viewer scam still targeting Australians: Police
A cold calling scam called Windows Event Viewer or `eventvwr’ is still targeting Australians, five years on from Computerworld Australia’s 2009 investigation.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is warning Australians to hang up on scammers who claim to offer smartphone and tablet tech support services.
As the year winds down, it’s time to look back at some of the financial scams that targeted Australians in 2013.
Australians are being warned to hang up on telemarketers who phone up and claim that their computer has a virus.
Microsoft Australia has admitted an inability to effectively shut down an Indian-based telemarketing scam which offers users of its Windows operating system virus protection.
- Drink manufacturer Diageo pilots 'smart bottle' for Johnnie Walker Blue Label
- How Suncorp and Helloworld are driving into digital with data
- Start-up Leia to demo Star Wars-inspired hologram display technology next week
- How CBA, Australia Post and Optus are wowing their customers
- Brand creation: It’s just a name…or is it?