Windows 8 - News, Features, and Slideshows
Windows 8 in pictures
Microsoft's Windows 10 got off to a roaring start in its first few days, with its initial usage share handily trumping that of the firm's last free upgrade, Windows 8.1, data from a Web analytics vendor showed.
If you’re going for an immediate upgrade to Windows 10 from your Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 computer, this guide will get you up to speed as quickly as possible.
The Australian Signals Directorate has released a collection of four new hardening guides designed to help government agencies secure their IT environments.
Windows 8 users have a little less than seven months to move to Windows 8.1 or be severed from Microsoft's security update stream.
Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 now power more personal computers than the still-strong, senior-citizen Windows XP, according to the latest statistics from analytics vendor Net Applications.
Windows 8's bare-metal virtualization layer is a great way to create an app sandbox, run a test machine, launch a VHD appliance, and more
Last night at about 12:30 a.m. EDT, Microsoft <a href="https://status.live.com/detail/outlook">issued a bulletin</a> warning of widespread outages for Windows 8 and 8.1 Metro Mail, Windows Live Mail, and Windows Phone 8.1 mail. The bulletin stated:
Microsoft has finally begun cleaning out the Windows Store <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/article/2599416/microsoft-windows/microsoft-should-ante-up-to-users-for-scammed-windows-store-apps.html">by killing 1,500 scams and copycat apps</a>. But by turning the other way when bad apps were uploaded, and maybe even paying for them, Microsoft was part of the problem.
Smart in design and stingy on power, HP's Envy convertible works well as a laptop or a tablet.
Microsoft's Windows 8.1 Preview does much to improve Metro, but little to make Windows 8 more attractive to either new or longtime Windows users
When Microsoft first outlined its strategy 32 months ago to bridge the old style of PC computing with the new world of tablet computing, we were optimistic. Although Apple had revolutionized computing with the iPad, creating the fastest-adopted technology ever, its approach walled off the tablet from the PC, with two different operating systems, user interfaces, and applications. Instead, Microsoft promised a unified, adaptive approach that would satisfy everyone.
- Enablis named one of the top 100 global Cloud services providers
- VMworld 2015: There are five imperatives for the digital economy, says VMware’s Gelsinger
- VMworld 2015: VMware’s vision is to transform the datacentre, says Eschenbach
- Superloop reports first financial figures since ASX float
- Microsoft APC 2015: Gartner's Tiffani Bova - predicting the partner of 2020
- Indian woman allegedly raped by Uber driver withdraws suit
- Mozilla updates its Thimble online code editor to help teach Web programming
- In setback for Uber, judge says drivers can pursue lawsuit as a group
- VMworld 2015: VMware pitches network virtualisation for better security
- LinkedIn spruces up messaging ... and adds GIFs and emojis
- Bank of Queensland: Digital transformation of banking is in its infancy
- Myer targets customers through digital and data in $600m transformation agenda
- Economist: Why it's time to re-think marketing in a customer-led economy
- Why brands are using Marketo to leverage digital transformation
- Xero CMO reveals why we need to automate to achieve greatness