Windows 8 - News, Features, and Slideshows
Windows 8 in pictures
St. Mary’s College will upgrade student and staff devices to Windows 8 next year, following a recent technology refresh that included a rollout of new notebooks to students and teachers.
Windows 8's user share surged last month, while Windows XP's plummeted by a record amount, a metrics company said this weekend.
Enterprises who are running Windows 7 can upgrade directly to Windows 10 when it gets released in 2015, says Windows infrastructure technical evangelist Jeff Alexander.
Microsoft has kicked off the Windows 10 public testing period, but the company wants the fearless enthusiasts willing to participate in the Insider Program to be aware of a number of things before they jump in.
A day after Microsoft shoved Windows 8 into the background with its introduction of Windows 10, an analytics firm reported that Windows 8's user share plummeted by its largest amount ever.
Windows 8's bare-metal virtualization layer is a great way to create an app sandbox, run a test machine, launch a VHD appliance, and more
Microsoft has finally begun cleaning out the Windows Store by killing 1,500 scams and copycat apps. But by turning the other way when bad apps were uploaded, and maybe even paying for them, Microsoft was part of the problem.
Smart in design and stingy on power, HP's Envy convertible works well as a laptop or a tablet.
Microsoft's Windows 8.1 Preview does much to improve Metro, but little to make Windows 8 more attractive to either new or longtime Windows users
When Microsoft first outlined its strategy 32 months ago to bridge the old style of PC computing with the new world of tablet computing, we were optimistic. Although Apple had revolutionized computing with the iPad, creating the fastest-adopted technology ever, its approach walled off the tablet from the PC, with two different operating systems, user interfaces, and applications. Instead, Microsoft promised a unified, adaptive approach that would satisfy everyone.
DOS 4.0, Zune, and Windows 8 are but a few of the landmarks among 25 years of failures Redmond-style
- Smartphone dead? Fuel cells offer instant power anywhere
- Cryptocurrency software bundled with BitTorrent triggers complaints
- Apple to fill in the blanks on Monday on Watch prices, availability and more
- These CompSci programs deliver most bang for buck, report finds
- Two indicted for stealing 1 billion email addresses in historic breach
- Fastway marketing chief: Making the switch from B2B to consumer connections
- How HelloFresh's CMO uses a surprising tool to bring data closer to the business
- B2B marketers splurging on content and digital; struggling with ROI
- ADMA announces new board changes
- CMO Interview: How McDonald's is putting customer centricity back on the menu