Vendors rally at Facebook's Open Compute Project meet... Jesse Jackson goes to Cupertino... Apple's big day, recapped... and more tech news.
Wikimedia Foundation - News, Features, and Slideshows
Google has removed over 50 links to Wikipedia from its search results on European domains as a consequence of the EU's "right to be forgotten" ruling which, according to Wikimedia, "punches holes in free knowledge."
A selfie taken by a black macaque monkey and an entire aboriginal language were asked to be removed from Wikipedia by people who claimed to have the copyrights to them, the Wikimedia Foundation said in its first transparency report.
The possibility of Wikipedia being taken over by attackers was just foiled by quick action on the part of Wikimedia Foundation, the nonprofit that operates Wikipedia, with the help of Check Point, the security firm that discovered the critical security hole in its code.
Wikimedia, the foundation that hosts Wikipedia and other sites, is considering supporting the MP4 video file format on its projects, because it finds that the current open formats it supports limit the number of videos and the ability to view them on mobile phones.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Check your Future Risk
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?