Even if the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) authorises collective negotiations between a group of banks and Apple over the use of the Apple Pay platform, the iPhone maker says that it “will not and cannot” agree to the conditions likely to be sought by the banks.
Westpac - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Google hits out at banks in mobile wallet fight
- Apple hits back against banks: iPhone NFC access ‘not open to negotiation’
A submission to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) by Google Asia Pacific (GAP) argues that there is no basis for allowing banks to band together for negotiations over the Android Pay platform.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission says it is “continuing to assess” an application lodged with the body by a group of banks that seek the right to collectively negotiate with, and potentially collectively boycott, mobile wallet providers including Apple.
Westpac today offered details of a new supply chain management platform dubbed Business Link.
Westpac has unveiled a Pay to Mobile service which allows its customers to transfer money using a mobile number.
Westpac is to derive much of its future IT innovation and costs savings from a cross pollination of best-of-breed IT systems between itself and St George, which was acquired by the bank last year.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE