- UK security sector warned over risk of selling to oppressive regimes
- US court fines EU spyware maker $500k and nabs source code
- BitDefender shows off 'Box', a home security device for the Internet of Things
- Use Uber? Snapchat? Google Maps? Now Twitter knows
- PoS malware also targeting ticket vending machines and electronic kiosks
weather forecasting - News, Features, and Slideshows
Last night's federal budget included an unspecified amount of funding for a new supercomputer for the Bureau of Meteorology. The supercomputer, to be used for weather forecasting, will operate for five years from mid-2016, budget documents state.
Microsoft and Google have built Web applications designed to highlight environmental problems coinciding with the climate change negotiations in Copenhagen that run through Friday.
The Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) has opened up the pilot of the next stage of its $30.5 million Next Generation Forecast and Warning System (NGFWS) to the public.
- China to open up Internet broadband market with upcoming trials
- Close shaves between aircraft and drones on the upswing
- Obama signs legislation allowing regulatory e-labels for smartphones, wearables
- Data retention inquiry to report in early 2015
- Aus government begins review of cyber security strategy