- USB Type-C: Simpler, faster and more powerful
- Should Australians prepare for rubber-hose cryptanalysis?
- Data retention: Just like diamonds, metadata is forever
- Connected vehicle tech trial to start trucking on in NSW
- UPDATED: 4G in Australia: The state of the nation
Telstra has announced the next stage of its $800 million cloud services investment with new data centres set to go live in WA, SA and ACT in Q1 of 2013.
A new skills index released this week suggests CIOs should ditch the ‘wait-and-see’ contract approach to IT recruitment in the face of increasing offshore opportunities.
The Western Australia Government is moving to better manage its e-waste through the institution of a new whole of government common use arrangement (CUA) for the disposal of ICT equipment.
The competitive fibre backhaul link between Perth and Geraldton — part of the $250 million NBN Regional Backbone Blackspots Program (RBBP) — is live and open for business.
The WA Office of the Auditor General has slammed the privacy practices of government agencies saying that in many, fundamental weaknesses in all of the key areas of information security are present.
While many who invest in Data Centre Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software benefit greatly, some do not. Research has revealed a number of pitfalls that end users should avoid when evaluating and implementing DCIM solutions. Choosing an inappropriate solution, relying on inadequate processes, and a lack of commitment / ownership / knowledge can each undermine a chosen toolset’s ability to deliver the value it was designed to provide. This paper describes these common pitfalls and provides practical guidance on how to avoid them.
Why do we continue to pay the earth for global roaming? With Telstra increasing global roaming charges by 100-500% in over 180 countries, bill shock can only get worse. This paper investigates why, what and how your company can address the need for global coverage.
- Privacy jitters derail controversial K-12 big data initiative
- Facebook sales leap, amid a growing mobile ad business
- Survey respondents shun much-hyped mobile shopping technologies
- Brazil's global Internet conference includes call to end spying
- Fewer college students use tablets; may be a sign device doesn't boost productivity
- Google will push mobile app installs in search and YouTube
- Salesforce at 15: Industry disruptor wards off midlife crisis
- Branded comments and shares a growing part of the social engagement mix for marketers
- 8 things we learnt about big data analytics from the Adobe Summit
- AdRoll secures US$70 million to ramp up retargeting platform development